Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

poyet

PROTASM

Jul 20, 2008
do you think Poyet will actually stay with us and if he didnt who would you like to replace him?

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Yes, I think he'll stay with you. He'd be very unwise to leave you for any of the managerial posts that are currently vacant. Looking at the pictures of the rapidly rising Falmer Stadium, I think he's got the right job at the right time. In the unlikely event that he does go then I'd appoint Brendan Rodgers.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He's going nowhere.

He's said himself that he's getting the team and squad into what he wants it to be in terms of numbers, personnel and style, so why would he go elsewhere and start all over again?

He's smart enough to know that with Bloom's backing and Falmer next year, there's an opportunity for a serious managerial reputation to be carved here, and I think he's intent on being the one to carve it, an opprtunity he's not likely to chuck away to jump onto the HMS Sinking Ship at Fratton Park.

Will he be here forever? Of course not. Will he be here at the start of the season? No doubt IMO.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
do you think Poyet will actually stay with us and if he didnt who would you like to replace him?

He's been saying all the right words, but, as always money talks loudest.

If Portsmouth made a serious move for him, then I have no doubt he will be off. But, I don't think they will, so he will be here for next season at least.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He's been saying all the right words, but, as always money talks loudest.

If Portsmouth made a serious move for him, then I have no doubt he will be off. But, I don't think they will, so he will be here for next season at least.

With Portsmouth's current situation, which tbh im not too clued up about, are they not due a points deduction next season?
Looks like the best players are off, the likes of Belhajd, Piquionne, Wilson etc, and i can see them struggling next season with the financial troubles. That clubs a mess, i cant see him going near it if im honest.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Maybe he is getting frustrated with the obvious lack of funds, I doubt that is what he signed up to in november

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Maybe he is getting frustrated with the obvious lack of funds, I doubt that is what he signed up to in november

What do you mean OBVIOUS lack of funds?

It's May and we've already signed one player with doubtless more to come, I'm sure money will be spent as and when it needs to be.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not convinced by this lack of funds being put about if you take into account that TB said he wanted promotion this season. He is a card player and is playing his cards close to his chest and I am sure that if the player/s that Gus wants become available so will the funds.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
What do you mean OBVIOUS lack of funds?

It's May and we've already signed one player with doubtless more to come, I'm sure money will be spent as and when it needs to be.

The fact we can't compete with SWINDON TOWN for wages?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Yes, and where does that put Portsmouth ? Now when you say 'obvious lack of funds' how do you think we compare to them ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why do we all shit it when we've got something good - he's said he's going nowhere (although there was no need to even consider his future) - just chill - the press incl the argus have to make stories up - they talk about any of our players future if they do well - it's sad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here