Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet: You're talking rubbish Steve (Claridge)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
After he got owned with the whole was the ball in play stuff earlier in the season he must love us!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Let me just check who's top of the Premiership....err, Man Utd and Arsenal - the two teams who play the most constructive pass and move football in the UK. Shame to let facts spoil Claridge's take on life.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Claridge's viewpoint is just typical of the attitude in this country that has prevailed for years. He has leapt of one result as proof of his opinion, whilst ignoring the wealth of evidence that suggests if you have faith in your players' abilities you will achieve more success than by playing in a style that discourages any risk taking and is governed by fear.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Claridge is right, 100%. Time for El Abd to go back to the old tried and tested hoof ball formula that has served him so well-we were so much more effective in those days. Once he's back to doing what he does best it's only a matter of time before we hit the top of the table...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The bloke is a f***ing goon! Well said Gus you STICK it to that ugly f***ing twonk!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
To be fair to Claridge .................... I did see him express these views on the Football League show - and he seemed to be suggesting that when he has seen us the way we knock the ball about at the back will be picked off easily by better, fitter players in the leagues above. The game he saw was the Bournemouth game I believe. Two things - the more we play this way the better we are at it. We are safer now than we were earlier in the season, and secondly the higher we go (hopefully) we will get better players if needed.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I wonder how long the original article was before they edited out all the instances of "there's no doubt about that"?? :glare:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
"there's no way Brighton will be able to play that way against better players". Does he have a point? We couldn't against Stoke. Maybe what he is saying is that whilst it looks good now with these players in League One, we'll need better players to keep doing this in higher leagues?

Don't like the guy - just wondering if what he has said could be interpreted differently?

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
"there's no way Brighton will be able to play that way against better players". Does he have a point? We couldn't against Stoke. Maybe what he is saying is that whilst it looks good now with these players in League One, we'll need better players to keep doing this in higher leagues?

Don't like the guy - just wondering if what he has said could be interpreted differently?

But we did against watford and Pompey, which is the level i hope we will be playing at next season.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
We got beat by Stoke yes, but we beat Pompey and Watford with our current league one squad.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
The guy is just completely clueless. The fact he has played for nearly everyone football league club (exact number escapes me) apparently qualifies him to sit there a stare at a table giving his 'expert' opinion on each team.

If a team isn't completely skint, in admin, selling players etc or absolutely minted and throwing the cash around he is almost clueless as to what to say. Painful viewing, I only ever watch the football league show on iplayer so I can skip his drivel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here