Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet: You're talking rubbish Steve (Claridge)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Argus over two pages...

Steve Claridge:

As you go up the leagues there is no way Brighton will be able to play that way against better players because better players are stronger and fitter and they will certainly press and squeeze a lot higher up the pitch. They will not allow Brighton to dominate them.

Gus Poyet: :amex:

Thats an easy thing to say for people that don't like to take risks, who think you just need to kick it and just put it in the other half. Its a way of playing football. Its an opinion, which of course I disagree with totally and it doesnt affect me at all

selected highlights from Gus.....

Its his opinion and I respect it but hes talking whatever - I dont want to say the word that begins with 'b'

I am surprised that he has said it because working on the Football League Show he should be watching Swansea every week, and look at where Swansea are? If he thinks Swansea dont play open and dont pass the ball its because he doesnt have a tv at home. If I am able to go back to Stoke in the future and I have got Premier League players playing my way lets see who wins.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Love it and he's spot on, so claridge is advocating hit and hope football is he, seems abit odd for someone who should be promoting the abilities within the lower leagues!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You tell him Gus.

Claridge sits there pontificating and peddling his claptrap like he's some kind of authority on the game. Well I'd love to see where we'd be in the League if we had Claridge in the dugout instead of Gus.

Actually, scrub that. I wouldn't.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Its his opinion and I respect it but hes talking whatever - I dont want to say the word that begins with 'b'

pure class - I respect you but you are talking shit, I would be very interested to hear what Poyet would say if he didn't respect you!!!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
You tell him Gus.

Claridge sits there pontificating and peddling his claptrap like he's some kind of authority on the game. Well I'd love to see where we'd be in the League if we had Claridge in the dugout instead of Gus.

Actually, scrub that. I wouldn't.

That is a terrifying thought, shit manager and a shit commentator, he has damned us with faint praise all season long and I sense there is a lot of resentment from him.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Claridge is talking absolute garbage. You just need better players at that higher level, but playing exactly the same way.

That old Pompey dinasour's attitude sums up everything that is wrong with English football.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Can't wait to hear Claridge's response to that.......there will be plenty of gurning, that's for sure :D

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I would imagine this will end the bbc's 'extended coverage' of us :lolol: If 'lower league expert' Claridge has anything to do with it, that is!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

pure class - I respect you but you are talking shit...

I think you'll find shit doesn't begin with 'b'.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

Edit: Unless we are talking about Belotti...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
most of the first page....

Attachments

• claridge.JPG
    claridge.JPG
    415.3 KB · Views: 1,022

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Thanks for posting twice I am quite hard of hearing and people often have too repeat themselves, I was thinking of Bullshit but got overexcited!!!

I think you'll find shit doesn't begin with 'b'.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

Edit: Unless we are talking about Belotti...

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
"Eh hello Arsene its Steve, how about you ditch Cesc and the boys, Delap and Carew are the future"

Arsene: Bit early to be on the sauce isn't it Steve u weasel faced arse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here