Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Poyet... will be lucky to get the opportunity to take charge of a Championship club"

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
In todays Sun their columnist Steven Howard suggests that it won`t be long before Gus Poyet is managing a Premier League side "His Brighton are top of league one and playing beautiful football. A premier league managerial return beckons for Gus Poyet".

Let`s hope he is wrong.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
On the contrary, Left Footer. The way he's going, he could easily be a Premier League manager with THIS club. :thumbsup:

Proper stadium, tick. Proper training facilities... on the way. Sufficient investment in the squad, tick.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
While the article is really just drivel wasn't aware of this
'Poyet bottled the chance to take charge of the volatile situation at Newcastle before the pace of Spurs' early season slide quickened and needs to face up to the fact that he is not the real deal.'

did he really 'bottle' it don't ever remember him being linked to it
Presumably it means the situation of Spurs, whatever that was.

It is a strange article, but technically correct since Gus was not offered any Championship jobs. :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
While the article is really just drivel wasn't aware of this
'Poyet bottled the chance to take charge of the volatile situation at Newcastle before the pace of Spurs' early season slide quickened and needs to face up to the fact that he is not the real deal.'

did he really 'bottle' it don't ever remember him being linked to it

I'd look at it as a lucky escape given the way Newacastle treat their managers

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
As articles go, Hatchet Man - someone I'm guessing makes a living from writing contentious stuff just to be 'out there' or 'edgy' with his views - didn't have the wit, wisdom or intelligence (nor appreciation of recent history - Gus was the brains in the Wise/Poyet partnership) to make those comments.

His problem, I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here