Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Stadium of Light

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Everyone's a winner. Gus seems happy, he was not happy at BHA, most fans here are happy with Oscar, who seems to be happy at BHA. The Mackems seem happy with Gus........and Palace are another 2 points further adrift........Happy Days. :smile:

Well summed up.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I would be very disappointed with any fans who aren't happy with Oscar, given the great job he's doing under the circumstances so far.... but that said, one can't help but wish Gus was still here.

Disagree. He himself said there was a 'glass ceiling' he felt he could do no more. So why persist with someone whose heart isn't in it? Well done to Gus for today's result, I saw Wes Brown on the team sheet and backed City to win 3-1!
MoM as well!

TNBA

TTF

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I was pissed off with Gus when he left but I hold no grudge... he did us proud. Glad The Black Cats are doing so well under him and will always look out, with hope, for their result.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would be very disappointed with any fans who aren't happy with Oscar, given the great job he's doing under the circumstances so far.... but that said, one can't help but wish Gus was still here.
I'd only be wishing Gus was here if his successor had been Pulisesque in caliber.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Loving the BBC match stats.

It would seem if Blackburn had played Man City this weekend, it would have been 0-0.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I noticed that the bbc site in the report of the game said that the Sunderland defence was very well organised and dealt comfortably with Man City strikers, is this Tanno coming good for them like he did with our defence.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I saw posts on Nsc in recent times praising Micky Adams when Port Vale got promoted. Why shouldn't Albion fans comment on past managers?

The difference being he didn't want to be here any longer and made it quite clear, why people still fawn over him after that amazes me

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I used to love his fist pumping, histrionics and endless looks behind for crowd recognition when he was on our touchline - now I just find it all embarrassing and annoying. Blimey I'm fickle

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I used to love his fist pumping, histrionics and endless looks behind for crowd recognition when he was on our touchline - now I just find it all embarrassing and annoying. Blimey I'm fickle
Hindsight allows us to say he was exactly the right manager at the right time.

I'm not sure Oscar would have moved us to the new stadium with the 'we are f******g brilliant' battle cry.

Should a further promotion come under Oscar, it will be with a measured approach, that would continue through into the Premier League.
Just how we'd want it to be.

More Wenger less Holloway.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Don't agree with the last part. Very pleased with Oscar however, think far too many fans boarded the Gus Bus at the expense of the Albion Bus. GP should have been wholly committed to the club and it wasn't. He's happy at the moment because he has two wins under his belt but I don't think for one minute he can save Sunderland and we'll see how committed and how stressed he gets when the end of the season is looming and they are points adrift and running out of games.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hindsight allows us to say he was exactly the right manager at the right time.

I'm not sure Oscar would have moved us to the new stadium with the 'we are f******g brilliant' battle cry.

You're right. Oscar would have been way more classy and considered.

You're also right about him being at the right time. Y'know, when the planning consent was in the bag and the purse-strings were loosened.

As for being the right manager? Who knows? Playing the ball on the ground instead of hoofing it hopefully upfield isn't exactly a GP-patently formula for success. If anything, credit goes to the person who took the gamble and appointed him, ahead of the inner circle of serial failure British managers who always have some mug chairman to give them their next payday - and their next payoff about six months down the line.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I hold no grudge... he did us proud. Glad The Black Cats are doing so well under him and will always look out, with hope, for their result.

This.

Good stuff, Gus. Keep it up.

Last edited:

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
That was very, very enjoyable. Our first clean sheet in fifteen matches against the top scorers in The PL, statistics eh!
Over all the years I've supported the team our best days have always been battling backs to the wall performances like today, but that was one of the best.
There's a little bit of hope creeping back in.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That was very, very enjoyable. Our first clean sheet in fifteen matches against the top scorers in The PL, statistics eh!
Over all the years I've supported the team our best days have always been battling backs to the wall performances like today, but that was one of the best.

Gus made us phenomenal defensively.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Interesting to follow the progress, was certainly a good win today which will help the belief of the squad and the fans. It should be a very tense but exciting season for you lot, sort of like chasing promotion really, with heroes and villains.

Just in time for Panto season :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here