Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Spurs?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I can see Redknapp taking on the England team at the end of the season, for Euro 2012, and then continuing as Spurs manager, and someone else taking over the national side.

Harry will not want to have a poor tournament with England, and then watch Spurs do well in the Champions League next year.

The FA may not be keen on this, but I reckon if they really want Redknapp this is their only option. Can't see Redknapp leaving Spurs given where they are now.

I actually think the England job isn't the best thing for Harry. Whatever you think of him, and at his age and possible less than perfect health - he's the top man at Spurs, doing very well with a good future. The national job will be very different, and he'll be public enemy number 1 pretty quickly when the team don't win everything. I don't think I'd take it. It could work for the summer though, then back to Spurs.

Feb 14, 2010
If he's offered the England job he'll be off at the end of the season.

Agreed. Expect he will do the Euros and then he/them will work it out from there. FA for various reasons will be nervous about giving Harry R the job full time, but if he wins the Euros (unlikely obviously) then they will have to give it to him. If England play badly then they can offer the job to someone else.

As for Poyet, well Spurs are a huge club (bigger than most know, simply because of the size of London and bigger than their trophy cabinet suggests- something we have in common but on a different scale). Spurs will be building their new ground soon and Poyet would go to a club like Spurs.

Would they appoint him? Who knows but I think he is likely to be with the Albion, to take us to mid table in the top flight with 30,000 crowds and hopefully a trophy to put with the 1910 Charity Shield. Then the question for Bloom will then be, how do we grow from there?

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
and Taricco is missing from the title
Of course Redknapp will leave Spurs
I think Poyet being next manager of Tottenham is higher up the pecking order than some people think

Feb 14, 2010
I think Poyet being next manager of Tottenham is higher up the pecking order than some people think[/QUOTE]

I have no idea but have a horrible feeling you might be right. If so, then I wouldnt mind seeing Zola given a chance or maybe fly to Barcelona and see if there is a youth team coach that wants to step into management. Whoever one day replaces Poyet has got to continue the passing football ethos, especially with the academy, as the kids at the academy should be brought up to play the passing game so that those that make it, fit straight onto the side. Its a tip we should take from Barca.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Surely Spurs would want Rafa Benitez?

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
How anyone would want the England job is beyond me. We'll never win any tournament. If Guz gets approached for the spurs job and takes it then good. we're bigger than Gus and starting to really get f***ed off with his comments week in week out about if another cub comes calling.

If i was Tony bloom Id tell Gus to wind his neck in or leave.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I can see Redknapp taking on the England team at the end of the season, for Euro 2012, and then continuing as Spurs manager, and someone else taking over the national side.

Harry will not want to have a poor tournament with England, and then watch Spurs do well in the Champions League next year.

The FA may not be keen on this, but I reckon if they really want Redknapp this is their only option. Can't see Redknapp leaving Spurs given where they are now.
Agree.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Can't aargue with that. Harry is knocking on a bit now, and may feel he wants to finish his career at Spurs - would be great to put him in charge for the Euros, though, as a temporary measure.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

That is assuming Redknapp has the ability to take Spurs from Premiership also rans, to Europe's very top table.

Lets face it, there's nothing in his CV to say he can.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I could be wrong,but I thought that anyone like Spurs/Arsenal would want a manager with European coaching badges....which Gus does not have at present!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here