Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet to Leeds

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Just a rumour here in Leeds at the moment. But I heard it from two different individuals yesterday.

Leeds current manager Grayson has been messing about with two women members of Leeds United backroom staff. Leeds fans expect to win every game in this div, so with the 5-0 thrashing at home to Blackpool plus a few other dodgy results they are restless with Grayson and have on occasions wanted him out.

The story goes that if Leeds lose away to Leicester then Bates will sack Grayson and go for Poyet.

Whether they can afford the compensation to Brighton, plus the pay off to Grayson, plus the extra dosh that Poyet would want for new players in jan is another question.

But it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Grayson go and for Bates to test Poyet. Even more so if Brighton lose to Barnsley.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
He won't go to Leeds

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Just a rumour here in Leeds at the moment. But I heard it from two different individuals yesterday.

Leeds current manager Grayson has been messing about with two women members of Leeds United backroom staff. Leeds fans expect to win every game in this div, so with the 5-0 thrashing at home to Blackpool plus a few other dodgy results they are restless with Grayson and have on occasions wanted him out.

The story goes that if Leeds lose away to Leicester then Bates will sack Grayson and go for Poyet.

Whether they can afford the compensation to Brighton, plus the pay off to Grayson, plus the extra dosh that Poyet would want for new players in jan is another question.

But it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Grayson go and for Bates to test Poyet. Even more so if Brighton lose to Barnsley.

And they all lived happily ever after.

What a nice story.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

If they want to win games why would they want to employ G P

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Utter non-starter. No way would Poyet's head be turned by a non-entity of a club like Leeds Utd FC in its current guise.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

do they want him out cos he is twanging their missuses or because he is bereft of tactical nouse...? , sorry i am confused , i realise they are from yorkshire and all that but if i caught a chap planking my missus i would probably manufacture a life changing experience for him .

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
After our current run i'm not at all concerned by this rumour. Poyet clearly still has a lot to prove at this level. He'll come good in the end. He clearly has a good relationship with Bloom. Why would he swap Bloom for Bates?

On a seperate note, i watched the Arsenal invincibles goals on You Tube last night(i was bored listening to Galloway not letting people put their point across on TS). I'm not saying the Albion can get near that standard but one thing that was blindingly obvious was the speed they passed the ball around. They absolutely murdered the opposition that season. Also, they weren't afraid to mix it up occasionally with the odd ball over the top. Granted, they did have some serious pace in their team with Henry, Pires etc and strength with Viera, Gilberto.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
No way ............Spurs, Chelsea, maybe...........Leeds, no. ...Plus the Jury is still out on Poyet, i honestly do not think any "bigger" club (yes and i include Leeds in that group) would take the chance on Gus yet.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
I've heard similar rumours, whatever happens if Grayson goes you will be sure the Leeds fans will want poyet, it's a question whether poyet would want go to a club that is well known to have next to no money to spend

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I don't think Gus meant Leeds when he threatened to go home!

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
I wouldn't be surprised if Bates went for Gus,but he has got far too much left to prove with Brighton before he would even consider leaving, he is a man of HONOUR, so can't see his head being turned by another Championship club. may be Spurs in the future but for now I reckon he is more than happy with an owner & fans who fully support what he is trying to acheive with us, otherwise why did he sign an extension to his contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here