Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet: There will be drama ( 6 or 7 in, 2 or 4 out?)

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm amazed nobody in the football world (at least not in this country) seems to be talking about John Guidetti.

Swedish lad, 6ft plus, currently on Man City's books. Went on loan to Feyenoord last season (aged 18/19) and scored 20 goals in 23 games for them. Alright, it's not La Liga, but that's phenomenal for a teenager

No doubt on plenty of cash at City, but surely a club in England would take a gamble on him with that record...

I mentioned him the other day on a thread, Like you say he's got a good scoring record for a youngster and a bit down the pecking order at City.Sunderland Connor Wickham - Page 2

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Well 'F' me...

I have only skim read but I can't believe we have gone through 5 pages of thread and no mention of Michael Owen. I wonder how much further it will go.

Standards are certainly slipping on this site.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I've got a hunch about Michael Owen after his back tracking from 'definitely' Prem to 'preferably' Prem. Cardiff were in for him but now they've blown they're load over Noone, maybe he could be Albion bound? :p

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I just want it to be over, I don't like us selling players at this point of the transfer window it should have closed prior to the start of the season...we have some vital players who clubs appear to be sniffing around and it could de-rail our season before it's really begun

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Andy Naylor ‏[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus
I'm hearing Norwich interest in CMS #bhafc

I thought at first that was a "for old times sake" wind up..... it isn't, he did tweet that.

Guessing Gus wouldnt stand in way of prem, but we would need 2 strikers if he left

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Really want to see Orlandi in the blue and white stripes. I was watching videos of him on YouTube and he looks like he would fit straight in with our style of play, especially coming from a team like Swansea.

Him, plus a striker and I'll be happy with Noone going :)

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
CMS out to Norwich, bit surprising, my mate is a Villa season ticket holder and suggested they want Dunk and Bridcutt, Lambert again. I'm sure its speculation. We assume outs will be players not required, i am not so sure.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I just want it to be over, I don't like us selling players at this point of the transfer window it should have closed prior to the start of the season...we have some vital players who clubs appear to be sniffing around and it could de-rail our season before it's really begun

Totally agree. Poyet intimated the same at the beginning of the season in the Cardiff Programme.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I've got a hunch about Michael Owen after his back tracking from 'definitely' Prem to 'preferably' Prem. Cardiff were in for him but now they've blown they're load over Noone, maybe he could be Albion bound? :p

even if he would change league, he wont change NW location.... can see him going to blackpool most tbh

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
I'm amazed nobody in the football world (at least not in this country) seems to be talking about John Guidetti.

Swedish lad, 6ft plus, currently on Man City's books. Went on loan to Feyenoord last season (aged 18/19) and scored 20 goals in 23 games for them. Alright, it's not La Liga, but that's phenomenal for a teenager

No doubt on plenty of cash at City, but surely a club in England would take a gamble on him with that record...

What a signing this would be. Initially I thought he'd be playing in the top flight somewhere in Europe again this season though given his success at Feyenoord last year, and this is probably still likely to be the case.

That said, I guess Championship football could be possible just for the player to get himself back to his best as he has to work his way back to full fitness after a horror virus (Blackburn Rovers probably wouldn't be the best move for him though).

"Fifteen clubs are said to be interested in John Guidetti, the Manchester City striker, who feared for his career after a virus paralysed his right leg and caused him to miss Sweden's Euro 2012 campaign.

Per Jonsson, his agent, said that the clubs had inquired about him despite Guidetti still not having fully recovered.

The 20-year-old Swede was loaned to Feyenoord last season where he ended as the club's top scorer with 20 goals in 23 Eridivisie games, despite not having played since the middle of April. The problem is thought to have been caused by Guidetti eating some badly cooked chicken."

Manchester City's John Guidetti a target for 15 clubs, says agent | Football | guardian.co.uk

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What a signing this would be. Initially I thought he'd be playing in the top flight somewhere in Europe again this season though given his success at Feyenoord last year, and this is probably still likely to be the case.

That said, I guess Championship football could be possible just for the player to get himself back to his best as he has to work his way back to full fitness after a horror virus (Blackburn Rovers probably wouldn't be the best move for him though).

"Fifteen clubs are said to be interested in John Guidetti, the Manchester City striker, who feared for his career after a virus paralysed his right leg and caused him to miss Sweden's Euro 2012 campaign.

Per Jonsson, his agent, said that the clubs had inquired about him despite Guidetti still not having fully recovered.

The 20-year-old Swede was loaned to Feyenoord last season where he ended as the club's top scorer with 20 goals in 23 Eridivisie games, despite not having played since the middle of April. The problem is thought to have been caused by Guidetti eating some badly cooked chicken."

Manchester City's John Guidetti a target for 15 clubs, says agent | Football | guardian.co.uk

I didn't realise he'd been out injured. There is some link to Siena on Twitter. As I said, I'd be amazed if Premier and Championship clubs weren't looking at a guy with his record.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
out

bridcutt, noone, cms, dunk

in

sergio ramos, lambert, owen, raul,

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I didn't realise he'd been out injured. There is some link to Siena on Twitter. As I said, I'd be amazed if Premier and Championship clubs weren't looking at a guy with his record.

I suspect they are keen to make sure he can move both legs properly first. Hope he recovers, that virus sounds horrible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here