Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet - Stop celebrating the Stadium

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
NO CHANCE:p:p

from the club site

Poyet said: "We need to stop with all the talk about the new stadium.....

When Saturday comes and its 3pm we have to be committed because IT IS NOT A CELEBRATION ANYMORE,"

I think Gus may be a bit ahead of us at the moment.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I think he was just talking about the players? I'll certainly be celebrating tomorrow!!!!!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Exactly !! Spurs and Pre-Match is/was the celebration time , as soon as the first ball is kicked it's down to the serious business (just in a much nicer stadium!!)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Good. From 3pm it's all business - a new stadium doesn't get you 3 points

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
He's right, but he is talking to the players, not the fans. The players can't afford to be in awe of the stadium now, from 3.00pm tomorrow its business time.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He's BANG ON, the time for the serious business is here, and the players have to forget the surroundings, and concentrate on getting a win.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I shall mostly be singing this tomorrow at 3 oclock

BUGGER THAT GUS!!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He's wrong sorry. This is something Brighton has fought for and it is our first match with meaning. Tomorrow is going to be special and on this subject he is well out of touch with us. It is one day before we start drawing swords and he wasn't here when it started. Sorry Gus on this point you are totally wrong.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
For the players and staff Gus is absolutely spot on. We cannot take tomorrows game lightly and he will want us hitting the ground running with a couple of tough away games coming up. Hopefully this attitude will leave us celebrating the result as well as the stadium at 4.50 tommorrow.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O

He was on Talksport this morning saying the "no more celebrating the ground" and I must admit, I felt like a naughty schoolgirl!!

Sorry, Gus, as much as I love you, I am going to bloody celebrate like mad tomorrow!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
He's wrong sorry. This is something Brighton has fought for and it is our first match with meaning. Tomorrow is going to be special and on this subject he is well out of touch with us. It is one day before we start drawing swords and he wasn't here when it started. Sorry Gus on this point you are totally wrong.

I think he is spot on, I want 3 points tomorrow, if his players are not focused then we wont get the points.

As for the fans come 3 o'clock you/we should be channeling that enthusiasm towards our players, doesn't mean we can't enjoy the ground before at half time and after the game though does it! He knows that and he knows how important the fans can be as a 12 man and that is what he is trying to get us ready.

I can't wait for tomorrow, really buzzing now !!!

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
As for the fans come 3 o'clock you/we should be channeling that enthusiasm towards our players.

I think that goes without question, but he cannot tell supporters to pipe down, it is wrong. His job is different to ours and one day he will move on, we won't.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I think that goes without question, but he cannot tell supporters to pipe down, it is wrong. His job is different to ours and one day he will move on, we won't.

I don't think he is saying "pipe down", just focus come 3 O'clock. Lets face it the queen could say sit down and hush, nobody is going to listen. I was so hoarse after the spurs game I dread to think come 5pm tomorrow.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Tomorrow is only about trying to get 3 points as far as I concerned

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't think he is saying "pipe down", just focus come 3 O'clock. Lets face it the queen could say sit down and hush, nobody is going to listen. I was so hoarse after the spurs game I dread to think come 5pm tomorrow.

Don't disagree mate, just find it wrong. He'll get the best support for his side he has ever seen in his life, and last week I was transfixed by the footy for what was a nothing game, tomorrow will be so huge for every Brighton fan. He needs to embrace it, not knock it.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
To be honest the result is somewhat of a side issue for me tomorrow. Completely agree with Gus that the players shouldn't be concentrating on the stadium and it is a great chance of 3 points, but 1 result after 14 years of hurt isn't going to ruin the day for me tomorrow.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

God is never wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here