Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet set for new contract

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am going to enjoy it while it last as I just cannot see us hanging onto Gus if he continues apace, it is nothing short of phenomenal what he has pulled off here in a few months in terms of the way we play and the results. This will not be going unnoticed higher up the leagues.

Lock N Load

Apr 2, 2010
He only here until something better comes alongs, that lower league football for you.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
He doesn't want to go, but there are probably a whole host of clubs that he would likely join, should the chance arise. Lets be honest and say that if he is still here come Falmer, we've done well. At least if we get him to sign a contract, we will protect ourselves financially.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I am going to enjoy it while it last as I just cannot see us hanging onto Gus if he continues apace, it is nothing short of phenomenal what he has pulled off here in a few months in terms of the way we play and the results. This will not be going unnoticed higher up the leagues.

If we had Knight as chairman I would agree - he made a fair profit in compo for Adams and Coppell. But with Bloom I get the impression that we'll be looking to keep hold. As Poyet himself said, if Real Madrid come after him (and I guess you can also say Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal) then OK - but that's unlikely until at least he's been operating in the Prem for a season or two. and if that's with us I'll take a couple of years in the Prem and then wave him goodbye.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Part of me still thinks he'll be off to Middlesbrough (or similar) in November. I can't see how a League 1 side can hang on to a manager of his undoubted quality, and status.

But I did enjoy that article, the quote is as good as it could be.

I agree with that, but also I feel that Gustavo is a man that sees things through.

His generation of Chelsea players (blimey, plenty have tried their hands at the managerial business) have failed by going too high, too quickly. It seems that, if he is settled, he is going to put his heart and soul into it. At least, that is what I hope.

He is young in the managerial stakes. Time is on his side. We are now in a promising position and a relatively safe job. In just one years time, we will be one of the biggest clubs in league one, revenue wise. We have a chairman that has the readies and is willing to back him. Carrying on his current work and pushing on with extended finances will be good for the CV. Failure will obviously be bad for that dreaded document, but it seems that Senor Poyet doesn't believe in failure.

I have never taken to a manager so quickly before. Thank god we didn't end up with the limp wristed Gannon or the Incinerator.

I f***ing love Gustavo and everything about him.

I agree with that, but also I feel that Gustavo is a man that sees things through.

I f***ing love Gustavo and everything about him.

This.

Being a Brighton fan feels good again, and IMO the current situation feels a lot more promising than the championship winning seasons with Zamora.

Ok, we might not be top of the league, but the potential is there and only one more season until Falmer...

:thumbsup:

:clap2:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
He only here until something better comes alongs, that lower league football for you.

Come back when you learn the rudiments of sentence construction.

Actually, scrap that idea. Just f*** off back to your hovel. :thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As we all know words mean absolutely nothing in football. It would be in Gus's interest to get a new contract signed, doesn't mean he is going to honour it to the end. Don't get me wrong, I love the bloke too, but let's keep a sense of perspective.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Yeah, but a longer contract will mean more compensation if he was to get picked up by a Championship club next year, and if not then we get him for a bit longer.

I don't want to get too excited yet but in the last couple of months I've enjoyed the Albion's performances more than at any time in the last few years. The style of play is what I want to see and shell out my hard earned for. Keep it up Mr P.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Guess when you have been shite as long as we have you will think that,but i certainly don't:glare:

Why all this lucky to have him crap?yes guss is awsome but he's not bigger than the club is he???
Guss is lucky to be at an ambitious club like us who is going places end of,If guss was to leave we can easily attract top top managers.:thumbsup:

To many people think we have dick knight as chairman still:lolol:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Poyet comes across as a very clever man. With Falmer just a season away and a chairman like Bloom, Poyet knows he has one of the best jobs in this country, looking past the next year. I belive he is here for the long term and wants to build something great. True i think he would leave for a prem side but that wont happen, untill we are a good championship side pushing for play offs at least. By that time potential managers will be queing from the palace pier to falmer to manage what Poyet has bulit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here