Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet really needs to pull 2-3 players out of the bag

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are they underperforming?

Is Whing, Elphick/Virgo underperforming? Maybe thats where they are. Simply not good enough. Add to that McNulty not being fit and having no real mixer of a midfielder and thats why we are so easy to beat. Going forward, yes a decent team, but its when you concede goals that you tend to lose games. Defensively we are a shambles.

Going down last year would have been bad, but going down this....

We need a commanding centre half, a right back, and maybe two midfielders (left side and a real break it up mixer of a player) To get them, Poyet must be working hard on it now..........infact everything must be in place now.

If we lose to Orient (which I actually feel we will given our record), then it becomes a even higher priority

I had to double check that I hadnt posted that because the players you suggest we need and the reasons are exactly my thoughts also yur original post apportioning the balme on Slade and the players he bought in is also my thoughts.

In Slades defence he did try to sign Jason Price who chose to go to Leeds instead of us. But he wasted £110k+ on Jake Wright.

As regards the conflict between Lloyd and managers I cannot believe that Poyet would agree to any conditions that allow him to buy only players who Lloyd says

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I dont know why your name is the optimist, should be Mr common sense. So far we have played 5 of the top 6 and unsurprisingly lost, we have won all the games we should have one, were unlucky to lose at colchester and unlucky to lose at swindon, will people please get some perspective

How about all the previous 15 games? We have lost to Stockport, walsall, Tranmere?

The table doesn't lie. We are 4th from bottom and have been in the relegation zone for most of the season (if you discount Saints false position). We are a poor side, one that is short on talent in key areas. Unless key changes are made, then we are going down.

I'm encouraged that Poyet is looking now (see Seagulls web site), but there is a long way to go before we get players in who will make a real difference. If we can get them that is.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
How about all the previous 15 games? We have lost to Stockport, walsall, Tranmere?

The table doesn't lie. We are 4th from bottom and have been in the relegation zone for most of the season (if you discount Saints false position). We are a poor side, one that is short on talent in key areas. Unless key changes are made, then we are going down.

I'm encouraged that Poyet is looking now (see Seagulls web site), but there is a long way to go before we get players in who will make a real difference. If we can get them that is.

and they were under slade

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
At least this year we accept we're in a relegation battle. This time last season there was still talk in some rose-tinted quarters of us being in a 'false position' and being 'too good to go down'. This year we accept we're in the relegation places because we've got a poor squad (in the context of the rest of the division), we're worryingly weak in key positions and we have no strength in depth.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
One thing to be learnt from last season :- We are unlikely to be as lucky again, to escape relegation.
Slade`s signings did not improve the squad but it must be remembered that Dick Whathisname did not provide the required cash to purchase the right players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here