Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

poyet proves those doubters wrong

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
and yet I still have a couple of TOTAL FUCKWITS behind me moaning whenever a pass goes astray.

I adore the football we are playing, but lets get some reality. We are a division 3 team with division 3 players, and every now and again, a pass is going to go astray. We are not Barca-f***ing-lona. But 2 guys behind me seem to positively love it when it happens.

Comments tonight include:

"Oh for fucks sake, thats not the right ball"

"Stop f***ing about and get it forward"

"We won't score a 3rd (yes, 3rd) passing it around the defence"

Wankers.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Sitting at the back of B block behind and old fart who kept tutting and moaning about the passing around the backs. He completely ignored the way that this opened up spaces in the Exeter midfield for us to build attack after attack. Staggeringly old school and I guess these are the ones who will find it hardest to understand.

One move in the second half, starting with some tiooy tappy at the back, ended with Barnes having a great strike. It was totally beautiful passing football - and totally lost on this dinosaur.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
i think this deserves a little bump ;)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well to be fair, English footy fans have been ingrained into the direct approach in the past three or more decades, so it will take time to convert those that just see it hoofed. And let's be fair, a lot of people actually like that style of play. Can't really complain at them for it, but hopefully it is slowly but surely being eroded from our game and the subtle tippy tappy is winning over more fans than it's losing. Just a thought like.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Well if they can't see how a passing game works now, they never will. Give me this seasons football over any other style of play, every day of the week.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
weve played the 'hoof' the last few uears and where did it get us..when we won the div 3,2 titles 9 years ago we were playing some decent football on the floor but when it was hoofed we had bobby

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here