Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet on SS News V.soon

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
On why his long term future may lie away from the south coast?

It as begun already then

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It is a brighton rebuilding feature(inc Falmer) but you know in 5 mins or so i reckon.

The sky hysteria machine reports

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Well that was stupid as the scaremongering headline never matched what Gus actually said!...He basically said everyone is open to offers to better themselves be they players (a la Crofts) or management but went onto say that they are planning for the fufure...First aim is the Championship then hopefully beyond.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Decent bit of air time, interesting what poyet thinks, but if Sky like someone who is good airtime value they will make sure that person has good coverage. We all know the facts of course, but hey, no chance of people like Poyet getting anywhere under the radar to be honest, end of season will be very interesting

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Chelsea were a tin pot club struggling in Div 2 a generation ago.

Big picture. :albion1:

Once England fail at the Euros then Fabio will do the bolt, Redknapp will step in and Poyet will be off to Spurs. FACT.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Is this interview online anywhere?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Once England fail at the Euros then Fabio will do the bolt, Redknapp will step in and Poyet will be off to Spurs. FACT.

I'm afraid there is more chance of 'Arry doing time than there is of him becoming England manager............................mmmm, yes well maybe the Spurs job will become vacant then :laugh:

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
I'm afraid there is more chance of 'Arry doing time than there is of him becoming England manager............................mmmm, yes well maybe the Spurs job will become vacant then :laugh:

Fair point. Actually 6 months in Belmarsh will probably be more fun than being England manager.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
No, it's an ill-informed GUESS.

Yeah, your right! Poyet has no links with Spurs at all and Redknapp has never been talked about at length in the press about replacing Capello!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It was basically a non-interview. Gus said very little other than he hopes the team win together and go up together; if a player is better and he goes up first, Gus won't stand in his way; if the manager's better, then so be it.

But it wasn't Gus coming to the media telling other clubs to come and get me - just his usual honest answer to this question. Hopefully the guy is committed to the Brighton project and will get us promoted and secure in the Championship before he goes on. However, if we do go up, and if its at a canter, biger clubs will be sniffing around him.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Yeah, your right! Poyet has no links with Spurs at all and Redknapp has never been talked about at length in the press about replacing Capello!

If the press had their say then we would have had Brian Clough and Jose Mourinho as managers. I can't see them hiring 'Arry the barrow-boy' after they forced Venables out for something similar.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

If you think it's FACT (and not just your stupid wild speculation), I assume you're willing to bet £100 that, one or two years from today (your choice), Redknapp will be manager of England and Poyet will be manager of Spurs.

I'm happy to bet against that and willing to transfer the money to a neutral (Bozza?) TODAY.

And you? You know the FACTS, right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here