Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet on brink of signing new deal

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Sorry if fixtures

Poyet on brink of signing new deal From The Argus)

Gus Poyet is on the brink of pledging his long-term future to Albion.

The manager had talks with chairman Tony Bloom on Friday and an announcement is expected soon, with Poyet poised to sign a three or four-year deal.

Bloom, writing in the programme for Saturday’s closing 1-0 victory against Yeovil at Withdean, said: “I hope Gus will be here for a long time.

“He signed an 18-month contract in November and I am confident he will be replacing that very soon with a new longer-term deal.”

Poyet said: “The situation is clear, I am very happy. I think there is a future at this club. I am making the team play they way I want, “We have a great chance to challenge for the play-offs or promotion next year so I want to stay here. Why would I want to go somwehere else where I have got to start from scratch again?

“Of course, we need to be realistic. I know Real Madrid are not coming but if they were you would have to let me go I suppose!

“There is a big difference between having a year contract and having three or four. If you have one year you just plan for one year and you don’t have to care too much about the second and third.

“When you have the option to look ahead and build I think it’s a little bit easier for the manager. The chairman looks happy so why am I going to say no?”

Meanwhile, Poyet will not be railroaded into paying an inflated price to land on-loan striker Ashley Barnes from managerless Plymouth.

He said: “We need to wait and see what is going to happen at Plymouth, who is going to be the manager and what they want.

“If they are going to go with crazy money he is going to stay at Plymouth, because he has one year left on his contract. He is 20 and in a year's time we can have him for free - six months in fact because on January 1st we can make an offer.

“So it's up to Plymouth, what they want to do with the player. We are working on plenty of things

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We need to get this tied down right now before the scum along the coast start twitching their thieving little fingers. 4 years please TB, with a maHOOsive compensation clause due to us if Gus is poached any time within that period.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I f***ing LOVE Gus Poyet. Honest, hard working and REALISTIC. What a bloody brilliant appointment.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We need to get this tied down right now before the scum along the coast start twitching their thieving little fingers. 4 years please TB, with a maHOOsive compensation clause due to us if Gus is poached any time within that period.

This.

I f***ing LOVE Gus Poyet. Honest, hard working and REALISTIC. What a bloody brilliant appointment.

This as well.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Just as well Alan Pardew isn't the chairman of a club or that bastard would be trying to poach Poyet from us too.:angry:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Calderon decided to consider his options...........173 pages of vitriol and hissy fits. Gus about to sign a contract, which is fantastic news.......... 5 replies

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Sign him up for 4 years so that when someone poaches him, at least we'll get some cash out of it.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Sign him up T:Bloom

13f31d7ec30c2c447754b44bc489431f.jpg

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The man is a GOD. Seriously.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Chuffed to bits! 4 years (at least) of Flicky Flicky football!! :clap2:

Don't want to burst your bubble like, but I'd say a year max. If he takes us up next season, he will be poached, for sure

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

This for me too. :thumbsup:

Btw thats a massive TWELVE replies now EP! Conclusive proof that good new travels slowly innit.. :wink:

Edit: That went well. :wozza:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
This is bloody fantastic news. I was a little bit scepticle when he was brought in, mainly because I wanted Coppell as manager, but EVERYTHING Gis has done has been fantastic, the man can do no wrong.

The players we have brought in and the football we are now playing shows just where Gus wants to take the club and if you offered me Coppell or Poyet now, I would go Gus every time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here