Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
The only two players I'd have from them are Pogbraniac (or however you spell it) and Le Fondre. The rest are decidedly average. I think the spell in the prem a couple of years ago MASSIVELY went to their fans heads, and, to be fair their squad then would eat this current shower alive.

D

Deleted User X18H

:)
You're somewhere in the embargo matrix aren't you, you elvish whisper. Come out of there! Physicalise yourself! Tell us what's what!!

More ehh ba gum (there's a clue in there) than embargo. I'd never get in Dick's again. It's not worth it. I'll PM you. You quasi Roger Irrelevant.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
:)
You're somewhere in the embargo matrix aren't you, you elvish whisper. Come out of there! Physicalise yourself! Tell us what's what!!

I love you. No, seriously, if Google added a MB Translator onto their translate page, the world would be a much better place :thumbsup:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No disrespect to Reading but, as Coppell said, Brighton are, and always will be, a bigger club than Reading. When the money goes from Reading, and it will, they will find their natural position, which is lower than the Albion's. IF Gus goes to Reading, THEN he is a liar, since he said he would only leave to join a SPECIAL club (think Spurs, Chelski, or even Swansea). Sorry, but this is NOT Reading; this is a club that will be in the Championship next year, with downward momentum. Gus is no fool, so I do NOT see this happening.

IF Gus goes it will be for money ONLY. Something that he has plenty of already. IF this happens, then I seriously question his motivation, and will not be sorry to see him leave his 'project'; the Albion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They'd have to as he's still got 3 years left on his contract.
At which point Ruskie slowly backs out of the room, pretending his phone is ringing.

TBM

Mar 20, 2013
Not being funny or anything but the majority of us Reading fans are quite underwhelmed by the news that Poyet is in the running

Why sack a manager who got us to 2 FA Cup Q/Fs, a play off final and win us the Championship and replace him with a bloke who's won League One and turned a team into an average mid-table Championship side (no disrespect)

We'd rather Adkins over Poyet if we had the choice

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not being funny or anything but the majority of us Reading fans are quite underwhelmed by the news that Poyet is in the running

Why sack a manager who got us to 2 FA Cup Q/Fs, a play off final and win us the Championship and replace him with a bloke who's won League One and turned a team into an average mid-table Championship side (no disrespect)

Great! Enjoy the Physio, with my blessing.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

Most sensible post of the whole thread

Dec 29, 2011
Haha, another clown. If those players were better than the ones I mentioned, you should be in the Premier League. The way you are making your squad out, you should be 20 points clear of the top, but your 7th.....

Some of our fans are EMBARRASSING. I bet they've never even seen a full Reading game this season, probably just the highlights. Buckley has been distinctly average for about 5/7ths of this season, Vicente is well past his best and Upson couldn't handle the Premier League so moved to us, yet people think he can still play in the Premier League. I apologies on their behalf, we're not all deluded.

Also [MENTION=22043]SeagullSongs[/MENTION] I had no idea about Roker Park too, I bet most people our age wouldn't have heard of it :thumbsup:

TheReadingFan

Mar 20, 2013
No disrespect to Reading but, as Coppell said, Brighton are, and always will be, a bigger club than Reading. When the money goes from Reading, and it will, they will find their natural position, which is lower than the Albion's. IF Gus goes to Reading, THEN he is a liar, since he said he would only leave to join a SPECIAL club (think Spurs, Chelski, or even Swansea). Sorry, but this is NOT Reading; this is a club that will be in the Championship next year, with downward momentum. Gus is no fool, so I do NOT see this happening.

IF Gus goes it will be for money ONLY. Something that he has plenty of already. IF this happens, then I seriously question his motivation, and will not be sorry to see him leave his 'project'; the Albion.

I agree you are a bigger club than uswith a good history, but if I'm a manager deciding whether to join a club, I'm looking at the finances, current squad - the now. Leeds are a bigger club than both of us. but are never going to be attracting good managers.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

BTW, I agree with you re Poyet's track record, he is clearly as yet unproven at Championship level, but calling '7th on goal difference' mid-table is a little bit wrong.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

If Gus does take over at Reading, your fans will love him constantly talking about and touting himself out for the Chelsea job.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

I couldn't think of anyone worse then that physio tbh but each to their own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here