Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
If they offer him mega money and a big transfer kitty next season he'll be on his way.

:nono:

Re: Poyet backed for Reading job...

Odd that this place has not gone into complete meltdown over this yet... just a feeling of 'oh well - if he goes, he goes.'

Exactly! Sad if he goes but look at the tools we have now, we will.be fine! After the shit we had in those mid nineties nothing gets me down. now

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Odd that this place has not gone into complete meltdown over this yet... just a feeling of 'oh well - if he goes, he goes.'
I think that's because we have always known that he will be off. He has made the right noises at times but never shown any great affection for our club as more than a stepping stone.

We have also suffered some extremely tedious football with some of our most exciting ever players sat on the bench.

If he leaves, we will get a big name replacement and all will move on happily.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I don't think he'll go.

Be interesting to see what kevtherev, goldstone etc make of it if he does, seeing as they've been clamouring for it all season. I think the phrase is 'be careful what you wish for'.

I thought it was a FACT that he will stay

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If he does he will try pinching a lot of players off us guaranteed !!
Giving a manager permission to speak to another club usually spells IM OFF !! in most cases !!!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Poyet in talks with Reading Skysports

Gutted if he goes but Swansea moved on with a new manager with the same philosophy after Martinez and we will if Gus goes

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
If Appleton came in...

I'd probably not bother for the rest of the season.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Worrying to hear that permission has been granted to talk to them but could also play well. Tony treats him like a grown up and no ill feeling is fostered. Gus then feels that he will receive the same courtesy as and when bigger clubs come calling.

Up to now nobody has actually asked to speak to him and you really can't blame him for wanting to hear what they have to say. Would still be surprised if Gus went. Just doesn't look like it matches up to his aspirations. Will be fed up with Reading if he does though. Coppell was bad enough but THIS?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If Appleton came in...

I'd probably not bother for the rest of the season.

TB is far to shrewd to appoint Appleton...I hope.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
not worry about him going so much, believe the position of our club would invite some top applicants, more worried about Bridcutt, Spanish Dave and possibly Ulloa if he goes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here