Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Finally this thread can die the death it always deserved.

Any club can make an inquiry. He was never going to go (that's not be be being smart after the event)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It only took 1,600 posts to find out Gus is staying.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Hoping this is true! Just lumped on Adkins for next perm manager of Reading.

Oh and... Gus is def the right man for the job as far as we're concerned.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm obviously pleased he's staying, but why the HELL did he entertain the offer in the first place? I thought GP's judgement was a good bit better than to seriously consider a sideways move at this stage of his managerial career tbh. Ah well, drama averted for the time being. Hopefully he'll get back to his job of securing a Play Off place for us this season now.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Re: Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

I'm obviously pleased he's staying, but why the HELL did he entertain the offer in the first place? I thought GP's judgement was a good bit better than to seriously consider a sideways move at this stage of his managerial career tbh. Ah well, drama averted for the time being. Hopefully he'll get back to his job of securing a Play Off place for us this season now.

As said before many times if some one offers you a job you want to hear what they gotta say. Gus a bloom Bloom are prob reading this thread cracking up.

Still want to hear it officially from the club tho.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I'm obviously pleased he's staying, but why the HELL did he entertain the offer in the first place?

We don't know for sure that he did. Even if he did speak to them, it might have just been a bluff to get more funds (not that I think TB would have blinked).

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
As said before many times if some one offers you a job you want to hear what they gotta say. Gus a bloom Bloom are prob reading this thread cracking up.

Still want to hear it officially from the club tho.

All he had to do was look at their current league position. They're going down with or without him.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gus Poyet ‏@NotGusPoyet 2m
Charlie persuaded me to stay. He said he has had a problem with Reading for many years so I take his advice #bhafc

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Poyet to Reading thread, massively odds on, (maybe) in talks with them [merged]

My guess covering his bases if we don't go up

A little sign to premier (cough......Chelsea) clubs that if they want a new manager in the summer Gus would be interested in the 'right' offer

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Gus is NOT the man for Reading, he has flair, personality, charisma , they have ....... what?. A nothing club that needs a nothing manager....Nigel " personality free " Adkins is the ideal man for the job. A bland manager for a bland club in a bland town.

Well put sir!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here