Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
They've just said it again.. does that mean I can potentially ring SSN up anonymously give them a "tip" and watch them run with it for a few hours, then watch the bookies slash the odds?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I'm sure the bookies over-shorten odds when there is sudden frenzy to limit their exposure, which in turn is taken by more people as a sign that it must be true. All it takes is a lazy journalist to fabricate a source and a slow news day becomes profitable.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
They've just said it again.. does that mean I can potentially ring SSN up anonymously give them a "tip" and watch them run with it for a few hours, then watch the bookies slash the odds?

Or the other way round, ring betfair and tell them you want 5k on Holloway to be the next Reading manager, then watch SSN run themselves in circles!

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
8 minutes, I guess my source was wrong about timescales and it won't be announced within the hour. However, I will gracefully accept my ban as it was not a 'lie' for attention that I posted on here :) If he does get appointed then I hope to see my ban lifted.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Leaving work soon. Will have 45 minutes on the M25 to chuckle at TalkSport's frothing.

Or I might just put 5Live on and have some real news.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
8 minutes, I guess my source was wrong about timescales and it won't be announced within the hour. However, I will gracefully accept my ban as it was not a 'lie' for attention that I posted on here :) If he does get appointed then I hope to see my ban lifted.

Wave's good bye.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Im sure Gus will leave one day. If it doesn't happen today it will eventually. Are you willing to wait a year or two for the ban to lifted when you are finally proven right? ;-)

Last edited:

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Gus is here, working on project Brighton. He's going to get us into the Premiership either this season or next. The Gus bus is still en route and isn't due to reach the end of the line yet.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
8 minutes, I guess my source was wrong about timescales and it won't be announced within the hour. However, I will gracefully accept my ban as it was not a 'lie' for attention that I posted on here :)
If your source is someone high up the club, and you know they wouldn't wind you up, then I can understand you posting as you did. But is your source really that high up in the club? Really? Because if (as I suspect) they're not, you should never have said what you said. You should have just said 'I've heard he's accepted the job, but the source is a bit of a tit'.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Let me get this right, Gus is currently in Barbados, while Adkins is currently in Reading talking to them about being the new manager. I know who my money is on... (doesn't say just in case i get it wrong).

SSN throwing a red herring to get more viewers. If they said Nigel Adkins was favourite, nobody would give a toss but Sky want to stir up the shit and get more fans of Reading, Brighton and possibly other Championship clubs to follow developments.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

You should know there's a difference between having a reliable source and just believing office gossip. If all you have are contact(s) at the club then I guess you won't be so gullible next time.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If Gus leaves us it will not be for a tin pot club like Reading. It just doesn't make any sense for him to do so.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sky had him at 1/7 on, he's now 4/6.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Maybe Adkins has had talks and realises that if he says no and Poyet say yes he may get the opportunity to manage a better club on the South Coast then he previous club!! Just a thought! Everytime I have been to Reading it just seems so souless!!

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Worrying to hear that permission has been granted to talk to them but could also play well. Tony treats him like a grown up and no ill feeling is fostered. Gus then feels that he will receive the same courtesy as and when bigger clubs come calling.

Up to now nobody has actually asked to speak to him and you really can't blame him for wanting to hear what they have to say. Would still be surprised if Gus went. Just doesn't look like it matches up to his aspirations. Will be fed up with Reading if he does though. Coppell was bad enough but THIS?

^^^ I agree with this ^^^

Could be a(nother) Bloom masterstroke

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here