Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet linked with, Wolves, West Brom and Aston Villa Job.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
He would take Villa or West Brom Jobs if offered. They are both bigger clubs with a much bigger budget.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He would take Villa or West Brom Jobs if offered. They are both bigger clubs with a much bigger budget.

I have more faith in our manager than you do. I don't think he will leave for just anyone. Aston Villa and West Brom would be just anyone.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
He'd go to Villa in a flash.

Seriously not concerned one little bit if he did.

All I'd ask, is that if he is going to jump ship, he does it sooner rather than later, so a replacement can have the whole summer to deal in the transfer market.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I have more faith in our manager than you do. I don't think he will leave for just anyone. Aston Villa and West Brom would be just anyone.

sorry mate this is delusional talk

Aston Villa are a big, historical club who would give a decent manager time without a huge weight of expectation (other than not expecting to be relegated). They are the perfect fit for Gus.

people need to wake up a bit. just cos we're now playing in a nice stadium does not make us a West Brom or Aston Villa overnight. we're not.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
people need to wake up a bit. just cos we're now playing in a nice stadium does not make us a West Brom or Aston Villa overnight. we're not.

fair enough on Villa, but West Bromwich are no bigger than us, they had some good past but i think we're in a position to match them now.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I don't think we are as big as any of them. We like to think we are a bigger and better team than Palace these days. We base this on attendance, money we can spend, and players we can attract. When we compare those criteria with Villa, WBA, Woves then we can't even compete.

In my opinion it will depend on his believe in his project with us, and his first impressions on their chairman after meeting them, and if Mauricio Tarrico wants to go up there aswell.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
sorry mate this is delusional talk

Aston Villa are a big, historical club who would give a decent manager time without a huge weight of expectation (other than not expecting to be relegated).

fair enough on Villa, but West Bromwich are no bigger than us, they had some good past but i think we're in a position to match them now.

I think exactly the opposite. I think Villa would be a terrible club to go to. They're massively in debt, lumbered with a huge wage bill and with an owner who seems to have fallen out of love with the team (or even football itself). On top of that, they're a good candidate for relegation next season and have a set of delusional fans who think they're one of England's top teams because they won the European Cup when Adam was a lad. I reckon it's a club that's a poisoned chalice for an ambitious manager. What would be best for the club is to get relegated and regroup in the Championship, coming back stronger - but relegation is not what Gus needs right now.

West Brom on the other hand would be great fit. Comfortable mid-table team; decent chairman and some good players. I reckon they'd be an attractive club for a manager wanting Prem football (I don't think they'll go for Gus though).

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

I don't believe that. This has been said on numerous other threads. Gus will only leave us for either Chelsea, Spurs. Zaragoza or Uruguay.

When will you guys learn that he just isn't interested in a mediocre lower table Premier League team.

Here Gus is building a legacy which includes the much needed overhaul of the current centre of excellence and our training facilities, all of which he is overseeing. He would never have that opportunity at a club like Villa or Wolves as they're both hugely in debt.

West Brom has also only been recently become an attractive proposition to many young managers, in a similar manner to us and this due purely to one man and that man did it at Fulham and is now England manager.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Gus is not bigger than this club and if he wants to go, or believes he has a brighter future elsewhere, then let him leave. He is not irreplaceable.

PS. Not saying I want him to go!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Can't see a team like Villa taking a gamble on Gus ,and anyway,I think the present manager will get it right for them.West Brom,possibly but unlikely IMHO.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Gus is not bigger than this club and if he wants to go, or believes he has a brighter future elsewhere, then let him leave. He is not irreplaceable.

PS. Not saying I want him to go!

Totally agree and I reckon if he was offered any of the jobs he'd take it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Remember what Gus said when he first came here, that he'd had opportunities elsewhere before this came along, but he hadn't taken then because they didn't "feel right", and then subsequently how it would take something "special" for him to leave?

I honestly believe he sees us as a long term project, and while it would be naive to think that we're as big/bigger than any of the aforementioned three, I can't see any sense in which any of them are "special" enough jobs to take him away from it.

The days of us being a tinpot club whose managers sod off at the first vague sniff of something higher up the pyramid are gone. While I wouldn't be surprised if any or all of thee above clubs became interested, I still expect Gus to be here next season.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Cannot believe people are suggesting we are a bigger proposition than Aston villa!!! Total delusion ask any manager if he would rather manage Brighton or villa and you would get only one answer. Aston villa is a much higher profile position and it gus was offered it (which he won't be) he would jump tomorrow

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Villa & Baggies jobs he's back in the pack at the bookies BUT worryingly he's now clear 2/1 favourite for the Wolves job. Given that he spent 4 days not denying it previously & they were interested then maybe it was a done deal for this summer. Given that he & Connor (also separately but similarly Redknapp) have hardly won a game in 20 between them since this all 'vacancy stuff' started is this why?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Aston Villa fans are champions. Champions at MOANING. If Gus gets the hump at a few half time booers at Brighton, he'll be in for a shock at Villa.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Villa would a waste of his talent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here