Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet leaves for a family holiday abroad. Signings expected shortly.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Mod Note

Any further use of homophobic language will result in this thread being closed and the poster banned.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He seems to have been "very close" to signing that contract of his for rather a long time. The season finished a month ago, I thought it would have been done and dusted WEEKS ago, or certainly on his return from South America.

I feel like a needy girlfriend, all insecure and CLINGY.

I recall when a certain Spanish right back delayed signing a contract Poyet went into a HISSY FIT and withdrew the offer.

Double standards perhaps?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'd agree with B, am I right in thinking Pride has stopped us having the 1st game of the season at home for quite a few seasons, and will we still have the same problem when Falmer opens?

I think you will find the FUZZ stopped us having the first match at Withers, not Pride.

Pride is a lot closer to Withers than Falmer, so it should be less of an issue when the new stad opens.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I think you will find the FUZZ stopped us having the first match at Withers, not Pride.

Pride is a lot closer to Withers than Falmer, so it should be less of an issue when the new stad opens.

I think it was pointed out on here earlier that the Law can't police Pride and a football match on the same day due to insufficient officer numbers...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

True, but large numbers of people at Brighton Station could be an issue though.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Mod Note

Any further use of homophobic language will result in this thread being closed and the poster banned.

For future reference in order to know what to avoid writing, could you possibly indicate which posts are considered homophobic. Post no's would suffice, there is no need to replicate anything offensive.

Thank you.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
So a thread about Gus going on holiday & possible signings has descended into a petite (petty?) homophobia-fest.

Good work people. :wozza:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I recall when a certain Spanish right back delayed signing a contract Poyet went into a HISSY FIT and withdrew the offer.

Double standards perhaps?

*Clears throat*

GUS POYET HAS OVER A YEAR REMAINING ON HIS CURRENT CONTRACT.

For F*CKS sake.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Pride is always the first saturday in August, depending on how the days fall depends if it affects our first fixture. First saturday this year is 7th so that will mean an away game for us!! Will probably be the same for falmer too. Im not against Pride but does piss me off that the Albion has to work around it, the Albion were playing in Brighton long before Pride was thought of and will be playing long after Pride has finished so they should work round us!!!!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Pride is always the first saturday in August, depending on how the days fall depends if it affects our first fixture. First saturday this year is 7th so that will mean an away game for us!! Will probably be the same for falmer too. Im not against Pride but does piss me off that the Albion has to work around it, the Albion were playing in Brighton long before Pride was thought of and will be playing long after Pride has finished so they should work round us!!!!

Good job the NIMBY's never got their way though - otherwise we might not have a team to support at all. :thumbsup:

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007

I'm pleasantly surprised to discover the season proper is starting so soon. In a World Cup year I expected it to be at least a week later. The fixtures are out a week tomorrow; that always turns my anticipation level up a bit.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He said:
“No other country in the world gets so much time off in the summer. Normally you get a month. Here it’s seven weeks.

“It should be a four-week break. That would make things easier. But it’s up to me to adapt to what happens in England.”

He has had a two week working break in south america, and is now on a family holiday.

I imagine this family holiday won't be more than two weeks, so he is keeping to the 4 week he suiggests, assuming you count a working holiday as a holiday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here