Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet leaves for a family holiday abroad. Signings expected shortly.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Argus

Poyet left for a family holiday abroad yesterday, two signings expected by end of the week (Bloom and Brown to finish negotiations with players when they get back from League AGM in Malta).

Very close to signing his own extended contract.

Albion have requested an away game to start the new season due to Pride

Print edition

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I love the fact that the English League AGM is in Malta. That's good for the environment...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He seems to have been "very close" to signing that contract of his for rather a long time. The season finished a month ago, I thought it would have been done and dusted WEEKS ago, or certainly on his return from South America.

I feel like a needy girlfriend, all insecure and CLINGY.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think Poyet is playing a game on the contract, making sure that the player budget is followed through on and possibly a little bit more if he can. I am sure he will sign but is perhaps reluctant to commit until he has got what he wants on the playing side.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Poyet is playing a game on the contract, making sure that the player budget is followed through on and possibly a little bit more if he can. I am sure he will sign but is perhaps reluctant to commit until he has got what he wants on the playing side.

If I was Bloom I'd withdraw the contract if that was the case :lol:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
don't really understand why its already taken a month to sort out a new contract and now he's away for a week so still no concrete progress.

i would have thought, if he was really keen and committed and he always seems like he is, that he'd have wanted to get things out the way BEFORE going on holiday. nice and tidy.

just a bit puzzled that's all

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
cue why is he going on holiday when we need players or other such arguments/thoughts.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
He seems to have been "very close" to signing that contract of his for rather a long time. The season finished a month ago, I thought it would have been done and dusted WEEKS ago, or certainly on his return from South America.

Ain't that the truth!

I bet Ken Brown's 'mislaid' the bleedin' thing. :rant:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
JesUs titty f***ing CHRIST men, he has got a year left of his present contract, if he's being offered one for another three years or more it is more then worth it for everyone involved to have absolutely everything on the contract correct and to all parties liking.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
JesUs titty f***ing CHRIST men, he has got a year left of his present contract, if he's being offered one for another three years or more it is more then worth it for everyone involved to have absolutely everything on the contract correct and to all parties liking.

The last thing we need regards GUS is a well thoughtout and reasoned post, we want PANIC

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

What, like this:-

The party of the first part will be known in this contract as the party of the first part.

Gus: No, that's no good.

Tony Bloom: What's the matter with it?

Gus: I don't know, let's hear it again.

Tony Bloom: So the party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the party of the first part.

Gus: Well it sounds a little better this time.

Tony Bloom: Well, it grows on you. Would you like to hear it once more?

Gus: Just the first part.

Tony Bloom: What do you mean, the party of the first part?

Gus: No, the first part of the party, of the first part.

Tony Bloom: All right. It says the first part of the party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the first part of the party of the first part, shall be known in this contract - look, why should we quarrel about a thing like this, we'll take it right out, eh?

Gus: Yes, it's too long anyhow. Now what have we got left?

Tony Bloom: Well I've got about a foot and a half.

Ken Brown: Contracts: we love them, even when we don't understand them. Governments love them for doing as much as possible of what governments used to do. Contracts have a whiff of simplicity about them: two parties coming together to negotiate an agreement as free agents. And if one party doesn't keep their side of the bargain, well you just take them to court. What could be easier?

Tony Bloom: Now what's the matter?

Gus: I don't like the second party either.

:thumbsup:

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
What, like this:-

The party of the first part will be known in this contract as the party of the first part.

Gus: No, that's no good.

Tony Bloom: What's the matter with it?

Gus: I don't know, let's hear it again.

Tony Bloom: So the party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the party of the first part.

Gus: Well it sounds a little better this time.

Tony Bloom: Well, it grows on you. Would you like to hear it once more?

Gus: Just the first part.

Tony Bloom: What do you mean, the party of the first part?

Gus: No, the first part of the party, of the first part.

Tony Bloom: All right. It says the first part of the party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the first part of the party of the first part, shall be known in this contract - look, why should we quarrel about a thing like this, we'll take it right out, eh?

Gus: Yes, it's too long anyhow. Now what have we got left?

Tony Bloom: Well I've got about a foot and a half.

Ken Brown: Contracts: we love them, even when we don't understand them. Governments love them for doing as much as possible of what governments used to do. Contracts have a whiff of simplicity about them: two parties coming together to negotiate an agreement as free agents. And if one party doesn't keep their side of the bargain, well you just take them to court. What could be easier?

:thumbsup:

Love it :laugh:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

Tony Bloom: If you don't like it, you can leave in a huff. If that's too soon, you can leave in a minute and a huff.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
don't really understand why its already taken a month to sort out a new contract and now he's away for a week so still no concrete progress.

i would have thought, if he was really keen and committed and he always seems like he is, that he'd have wanted to get things out the way BEFORE going on holiday. nice and tidy.

just a bit puzzled that's all

I was thinking about this yesterday and whether I was paranoid or not, and I remembered that Cotterill left Notts Co a while back but still hasnt officially signed for Pompey yet. These things take a while.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

It's probably more a case of trying to find a time when all the relevent people are in the country at the same time so they can sit down and get it sorted out.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Tony Bloom: If you don't like it, you can leave in a huff. If that's too soon, you can leave in a minute and a huff.

Yay - Da Hound is in da house! :clap2:

Always an absolute pleasure to tread the boards wicha. Anyways, I can't be spending my morning gushing like this: I have things to do & creatures to meet. Let's face it, time flies like an arrow. And Fruit flies like a banana. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here