Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet is HOT - But

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have said all along what a fantastic appointment from Bloom to get Poyet in charge. Probably the best and highest profile manager outside of the Premierhship.

His record from all games

Games 27

Won 12
Drawn 6
Lost 9

And in the league

Played 23

Won 9
Drawn 6
Lost 8

Points 33

And the last 7

Won 5
Drawn 1
Lost 1

Pounts 16

He has changed the side from TURD into play off form and I am convinced he would get a play off spot if not automatic promotion next season.

BUT

Can we keep hold of him. His achievements here will not have gone un noticed and he has not hidden his ambition to manage at the highest level.

I am WORRIED he will be snapped up in the close season.

Discuss.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can we keep hold of him. His achievements here will not have gone unnoticed and he has not hidden his ambition to manage at the highest level.

I am WORRIED he will be snapped up in the close season.

Discuss.

I don't know about the close season. Other clubs may want to see what he does in the summer window, and if he can continue next year before committing to him.

I think there's an element of taking what you can get it when you can get it. If he continues to do well with us, he may get a good opportunity that won't be available if he turns them down and then starts to lose the plot with us.

For example, look at Roy Keane. He was doing well with sunderland in the premier league, there was talk of him taking over from Ferguson. Then it went wrong. And to get back into football management he had to drop back down to championship level.

If he turns down a position at a bigger club, then things go pear-shaped here, that big club will feel they dodged a bullet, and Gus will have to lower his sights for his next job (by pear-shaped I mean so bad we sack him).

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
If he gets us promoted next season he will be hot property in my opinion. I think he needs a promotion before people come knocking and seeing the genius that he is.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
I think we will see him move on eventually of course, but I hope he is the type of bloke that will only do so after reaching the "my work here is done" point in a philanthropic type of way.

That obviously assumes that Bloom and Poyet can establish a partnership that will see them setting mutually acceptable targets - Championship football, perhaps a decent training ground, continuing the quality of actual football the players are showing. It also then depends upon how much Bloom will back "his" manager.....hopefully as much as possible.

I think the period between us reaching the "safety" threshold this season and the start of pre-season will be very interesting in terms of the squad.

I couldn't possibly deny Poyet a move onwards and upwards if he is open and honest, continues his success with our club, gets us promoted and turns us into an ESTABLISHED Championship side.....unless Bloom can rope in some more money men from somewhere to continue pushing for better quality players...then the world's our lobster!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
He only needs to investigate the history of all past Albion managers when they leave the Club for whatever reason. That research will teach him to be very very careful about moving on. Of course, he could be the exception to the rule.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I would much rather have a manager with no ambition for himself or the club, turning out a team that is at best mediocre and at worst dire. At least we would keep hold of him..........

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
You are right, other clubs will be looking up and taking notice.
You also have to consider he has not won anything yet! Poyet will be our manager next season I'm sure, and you rightly praised Bloom for the appointment so let also assume Bloom would have a plan to keep his coaching team together and build for the future with what we already have.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think the only turd is coming fron your gob as usual.

WTF is that all about. It is a civilised discussion or at least it was before you popped up. Why are their some many WANKERS now on NSC :shrug:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
WTF is that all about. It is a civilised discussion or at least it was before you popped up. Why are their some many WANKERS now on NSC :shrug:

Maybe he thinks we weren't Turd before Poyet. Can't see anything else Unc.:shrug:

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
if he is doing well next season and Championship looks on, he is not goin to walk away from the chance of leading us out at Falmer; I expect Bloom to try and tie him down on an extended contract before 2010 is out

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its sad you can't even have a chat with fellow Albion fans without being abused but that seems to be the NSC way nowadays.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh stop putting a downer on it US - Gus will stay for Falmer and is still learning management. If we were to go up next yr and that's a big if still, he would surely stay as we'll be going into our new stadium in the Championship. I think Gus has a long term ambition to build the squad here with Tano too - don't forget him...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The only downer is my worry Poyet will be off. Other than that everything is superb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here