Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet invites Withdean Moaners to have a chat

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
...as if they weren't already via NSC, Gus Poyet on Five Live said he would be delighted to discuss his short passing game with the '20 or 30' who voiced their objections.

Any takers?

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
It really isn't even worth worrying about imo. f*** em, the moaners that is. If they don't like it they should piss off and follow some hoof ball lower league outfit.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That's the trouble with the internet. It so easy for people to say what they like behind the screen. Its a safe haven to say what you like. When people moan it creates negativity.

But the problem isn't the internet, it's the handful of people at withdean moaning, urging the players to get it forward. I's people in real life, at the grounds that Gus is talking about. I dare say he doesn't care about people on the internet saying it, because people saying it on the internet aren't getting on the players' cases during the game causing them to panic and belt if forward.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Why does he care so much? It is only one or two people.

I doubt he does, much. It's the press that keep banging on about it for one reason or another, and seem to be making a much bigger deal out of it than it really is. He's just responding to the questions.

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
I doubt he does, much. It's the press that keep banging on about it for one reason or another, and seem to be making a much bigger deal out of it than it really is. He's just responding to the questions.

I hope your right. To me, it seems Poyet is getting pretty stressed over something quite minor. Lets hope this isn't a sign of how he will react when the going gets tough (by this i mean when we are struggling for a top ten finish in the prem obviously).

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
...as if they weren't already via NSC, Gus Poyet on Five Live said he would be delighted to discuss his short passing game with the '20 or 30' who voiced their objections.

Any takers?

I'm most definitely NOT one of the moaners,..but I'm seriously considering saying I am, so I can have the opportunity of a chat with the great man himself...!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
To be fair the interviewer (think it was Gabby Logan) put this idea forward a few times, due to another manager doing it before, Gus just went along with it, hopefully it will silence a few of the negative moaners.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
would be a complete waste of his time but would LOVE to see it televised.

Would particularly love to see a few NSC 'transfer market' experts put their thoughts to him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Would particularly love to see a few NSC 'transfer market' experts put their thoughts to him.

Absolutely. I'd LOVE to see the people who say Poyet "failed" in the market explain to him exactly what they would've done differently. Morons.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Especially as Poyet takes no prisioners, would make cracking TV.

Interview was Elanor Oldroyd not Gaby Logan.

Talked of wanting to manage at highest level and in Spain with his old club.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Depends what you classify as a moaner. Are you a moaner if you just want the ball to be played forward to our midfielders and get them involved in the passing game. If so, then I am one of those moaners.

I feel sorry for those that perceive the passing game to only involve three players, and one of them wears thick gloves!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here