Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet In!!!!!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I'll answer this one in all seriousness.

If Palace folded I'd be unable to support any Premiership or Football League team, I couldn't imagine myself going week in week out to watch my local professional team, Southampton, & it would give a dirty taste in my mouth to buy merchandise & financially support another pro club. I'd either go watch Bromley or Dartford if I'm back home or if I'm here it'll be Eastleigh.

I can't imagine any real fan to support another 'big team' if their club went cheerios.

S C E

Good man :thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
But what if Southampton then dropped out of the League?

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
But what if Southampton then dropped out of the League?

In all honesty I could never support Southampton. After their shenannigans the year before I was born when the mighty Saints knocked us out of the cup (Division 1 Southampton, Division 4 Palace) & celebrated like they'd won the f*cking cup that game, I'd had it instilled into me by my family that they really are scum!

Not being a Hampshire local I have no problems with Pompey but the way I see it is that I'd feel like a cheap whore if I swapped alliegencies so easily if Palace went bust.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
In all honesty I could never support Southampton. After their shenannigans the year before I was born when the mighty Saints knocked us out of the cup (Division 1 Southampton, Division 4 Palace) & celebrated like they'd won the f*cking cup that game, I'd had it instilled into me by my family that they really are scum!

Not being a Hampshire local I have no problems with Pompey but the way I see it is that I'd feel like a cheap whore if I swapped alliegencies so easily if Palace went bust.

I hadn't realised Palace fans had it in for the Saints too.
That was an amazing cup run that Palace had that year - I remember watching ESPN Classic a few years back and seeing Peter Taylor destroy Chelsea at Stamford Bridge almost single-handedly in that cup run. Amazing.

I went to university in Southampton. What a horrible city! Not a patch on Brighton.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
That was an amazing cup run that Palace had that year - I remember watching ESPN Classic a few years back and seeing Peter Taylor destroy Chelsea at Stamford Bridge almost single-handedly in that cup run. Amazing.

I went to university in Southampton. What a horrible city! Not a patch on Brighton.

The legendary cup run 1976, on a par with our run all the way to the final against Man Ure in 1990.

I moved here for Uni as well & you are correct, it's a horrible town mascarading as a city with Mockney chavs bimbling around like Danny Dyer wannabees. If it wasn't for the missus being a local I'd have scarpered years back! Her dad's side are from Brighton, Worthing, Haywards Heath & are all Albion fans so Christmas is always a joy when they gang up on me :thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The legendary cup run 1976, on a par with our run all the way to the final against Man Ure in 1990.

I moved here for Uni as well & you are correct, it's a horrible town mascarading as a city with Mockney chavs bimbling around like Danny Dyer wannabees. If it wasn't for the missus being a local I'd have scarpered years back! Her dad's side are from Brighton, Worthing, Haywards Heath & are all Albion fans so Christmas is always a joy when they gang up on me :thumbsup:

I must confess I had a cheeky fiver on Gary O'Reilly to score the first goal in the 1990 Cup Final against United, so whilst I want Palace to lose every game, there is no way I want them to go out of business.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
I must confess I had a cheeky fiver on Gary O'Reilly to score the first goal in the 1990 Cup Final against United, so whilst I want Palace to lose every game, there is no way I want them to go out of business.

:thumbsup: Any real fan would agree with you there. Regardless of who you support you have to be some kind of bellend to see a rival club go out of business and enjoy the fact that this has happened.

Do I like your club? Nope. However, if you had gone bust it would have been a very sad time for me. I live for when we get to play you, it's the highlight of my season! Also the consequences of a football club going bust reaches further than the fans, it destroys a local community and the loss of revenue for the community as there's no away fans spunking their money in the shops & pubs.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
:thumbsup: Any real fan would agree with you there. Regardless of who you support you have to be some kind of bellend to see a rival club go out of business and enjoy the fact that this has happened.

Do I like your club? Nope. However, if you had gone bust it would have been a very sad time for me. I live for when we get to play you, it's the highlight of my season! Also the consequences of a football club going bust reaches further than the fans, it destroys a local community and the loss of revenue for the community as there's no away fans spunking their money in the shops & pubs.

f*** me a smeagle that can have ahalf decent opinion:lol:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
We should look forward to bouncing threads like these when the wheel turns. Palace need to get their own house in order and be less concerned with our affairs. Our future is a lot more promising than theirs, and they know it.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Why do people still bite when the Palarse fans are fishing?

If you see a thread thats started by Selhurst Wonderland, Paul Skinback or any other of there lot why open it and then be annoyed that its anti-brighton? Its like sticking your head in a toilet bowl and then complaining it smells of shit.

TBH you to help make NSC the place it is, its a football website your adding Banter -:thumbsup:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Poyet in, I agree. He will take us further than Warnock will take Palace. I won't deny that Warnock is doing a first-class job in difficult circumstances, but he's sixty years of age, he's failed as a manager in the top tier of English football, and he's managing a near-bankrupt club.

Poyet, on the other hand...Well, it goes without saying...

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
hello palace lads, just out of interest if palace go under would you start supporting brighton, just wondering like???

Na, would go back to watching Liverpool and Cray Wanderers.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Poyet in, I agree. He will take us further than Warnock will take Palace. I won't deny that Warnock is doing a first-class job in difficult circumstances, but he's sixty years of age, he's failed as a manager in the top tier of English football, and he's managing a near-bankrupt club.

Poyet, on the other hand...Well, it goes without saying...

Goes without saying what, exactly? Explain.

Love to have back those great days of the 70,s and 80,s Maybank Spider Mellor Foster Horton Hilaire Cannon Sansom Harkouk the convoys down the A23 the boxing day atmosphere running back and forth across hove park,as much as I dislike BHA and belive me I do you are our proper rivals and Ive given up explaning to the glory hunting premership fans I know why we are such strong rivals at least both sets of fans are proper fans.Hopefully we can play you again at a real stadium soon,thats if we dont go bust by then and you dont keep going down a division

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
'Last season....in the worthless cup' being the operative words.
Will you ever learn not to take me on dumbo?

I know that you Palace fans like to come on NSC and wallow in homophobia, so you won’t mind my saying that posturing aggressively behind the cloak of anonymity is pretty gay in my book.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

would that be the 3-2 "destruction" ?

Yoda

English & European
3 games..One league win,one cup win and one very important league game......lost!
Ha ha ha.
Slade out,Poyet in!
Now get Wise in to help you out Gus to make us Palace fans delight complete!

I would have thought anybody with half a brain would see that last weeks game against Saints was the more important game with regards to where the teams concerned are in the table. :shootself

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Love to have back those great days of the 70,s and 80,s Maybank Spider Mellor Foster Horton Hilaire Cannon Sansom Harkouk the convoys down the A23 the boxing day atmosphere running back and forth across hove park,as much as I dislike BHA and belive me I do you are our proper rivals and Ive given up explaning to the glory hunting premership fans I know why we are such strong rivals at least both sets of fans are proper fans.Hopefully we can play you again at a real stadium soon,thats if we dont go bust by then and you dont keep going down a division

I'm hoping Sr Poyet can sort us out by next season. Hopefully the rivalry can return. I enjoyed abusing big, crude defenders like Mel Blyth and that Harkouk bloke who ended up in jail.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here