• out

Votes: 35 13.2%
  • fence

Votes: 33 12.4%

• Total voters

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
It doesn't mean you support Brighton any less if you face the facts that we are f***ing dire at the moment. This is our club, good or bad, but something has to change.

Bang on. Boring negative football. Possession stats don't win football matches , goals do. We are fantastic entertainment when we actually attack sides. Unfortunately pig headed Poyet seems to be unable to grasp that there's more than one way to play and win a football match. we've got no penetration and a big part of that is because we f*** about with the ball so much in defence and midfield the opposition always has time to regroup and reorginise. Things need to change and quickly. OUT.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
More IN than I was before today. That was a really, really hard earnt point against a very dangerous Blackpool who threw everything at us. Not a bad result at all.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
As it seems the "out" group are basing their opinion on just today and not the future or previous games, explain this: we are 9th now and finished 10th last year. You must have wanted Poyet out even more at the end of last season.

I'm well on the fence and to be quoting league positions at this time of the season isn't a valid argument when only 9 points separates a team in relegation position to those in a play off place. The fact of the matter is at least 5 of out last 6 performances have been friggin dire. Even before that the 6 points we picked up at Watford and Millwall could be considered "reasonably" fortunate, and yes I was at both. The first 5/6 games are saving us but you've only got to look at the form tables to see we've got a problem.

It's about time we started playing with a bit of purpose, have a midfield that you can see and that is able to hold a ball and pass it with a degree of accuracy.

Today was a shambles and we rode our luck more than I've seen us do in a long time but my view isn't based on this game alone it's based on everything I've seen in the Championship. Gus has to make changes, I don't really care what he does tbh just make us a bit more competitive and not rely on luck or encountering an even more toothless team

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
"Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes."*
I think Brian Clough was talking about you when he said that.

And there are some right cretins on here that think they are Prem managers.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Bang on. Boring negative football. Possession stats don't win football matches , goals do. We are fantastic entertainment when we actually attack sides. Unfortunately pig headed Poyet seems to be unable to grasp that there's more than one way to play and win a football match. we've got no penetration and a big part of that is because we f*** about with the ball so much in defence and midfield the opposition always has time to regroup and reorginise. Things need to change and quickly. OUT.

Be careful wot u wish for : Name me one out of work manager that will better us?

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
If Orlandi's shot at the end didn't take that deflection this thread wouldn't even be here. Shows that it's a game of fine margins. If we beat Leeds and Boro then we'll be back amongst it even more so than we are now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
More IN than I was before today. That was a really, really hard earnt point against a very dangerous Blackpool who threw everything at us. Not a bad result at all.

An out of form Blackpool who made us look rubbish everywhere except in defence. We were overrun, not a pretty sight , 1st game I've actually felt a bit despondent at the end.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
"Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes."*
I think Brian Clough was talking about you when he said that.

Yes you're right, players do lose us games like we've been seeing so many times but it's the players who are told by the mangerment team to addopt certain tactics that are baffling. Playing players out of postion, playing a formation that players don't understand because they aren't good enough and can't play to Gus's vision how the game is meant to be played.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Fence but please sort it out Gus.
the last five games were bad enough but today's games was really a step backwards why oh why does he leave it so late to bring on the subs,
the only plus for me was what a keeper we have in Tomasz Kuszcak.

D

Deleted member 2719

I think these polls are always a good view of how close the manager has pushed the fans and there patience and should be embraced, if it get's to a 60% in 40% out/fence i think the countdown clock is ticking.

After all the customer always knows best.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Yes you're right, players do lose us games like we've been seeing so many times but it's the players who are told by the mangerment team to addopt certain tactics that are baffling. Playing players out of postion, playing a formation that players don't understand because they aren't good enough and can't play to Gus's vision how the game is meant to be played.

I didn't say that. Brian Clough did.

The tactics aren't baffling. It's possession football not rocket science :wink:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fence but please sort it out Gus.
the last five games were bad enough but today's games was really a step backwards why oh why does he leave it so late to bring on the subs on,
the only plus for me was what a keeper we have in Tomasz Kuszcak.

It was Kuczszak's fault we conceded a goal, by not coming out for the corner which was a couple of yards in front of him. I know he made some great saves during the game, but if he had caught or punched away that incoming corner shot we could have got all 3 points today.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It was Kuczszak's fault we conceded a goal, by not coming out for the corner which was a couple of yards in front of him. I know he made some great saves during the game, but if he had caught or punched away that incoming corner shot we could have got all 3 points today.

Mate, we all make mistakes unfortunately.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Be careful wot u wish for : Name me one out of work manager that will better us?

Why would it have to be someone out of work? We need to be able to change our style of play from week to week and even within games. Poyet has said we only play one way, well if that way isnt working its down to him to find an alternative. I cant say I'm unhappy about where we are in the league at the moment or a very hard earned ,if undeserved, point today but I am severely pissed off with the boring fare offered by The Albion. I pay my money to be entertained and it's not happening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here