Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet: I'll go home

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
For me, the main coaching criticism to levy is that the corners and free-kicks have been very poor quality this season. Is that solely down to Poyet, or Tanno (or both)? Whoever, it needs sorting fast. A side like us facing a tough season post-promotion, with the style we have (tippy-tappy, inviting rash challenges from frustrated players, slow build-up, etc) needs to make the absolute most of dead-ball opportunities every time we win them.

Gus seemed to suggest he recognised one such problem (taking penalties) from last season - but then look at Millwall away this season. Hardly a broad sample I know, but the technique in that instance was abysmal.

IMHO Gus needs to find a way for our corners and free-kicks to trouble the opposition a lot more.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
I have total trust in Tony Bloom's stewardship of the club and whatever money he gives to the manager to spend on players AND wages is in the best interests of the long term future of this recently struggling club, rather than to boost the ego of a manger who will be long gone when we are picking up the pieces of paying over the odds wages to ex premiership players who can play as he wants.
This squad is good enough for a mid table finish or at least to be clear of the relegation zone, which will do for the first season up, it's supposed to be a five years plan. We cannot afford to go up anyway and trying to run with Adkins again who has a premiership set up, paying BIG wages and established crowds of 25,000+ is pointless. Gus, realize there are limitations at the club, if you want instant glory look elsewhere.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Whilst I love the style Gus is looking for the team to play, it does require players of exceptional technical ability. Unfortunately, we don't have many players who are good enough to play that way for 90 minutes - all part of Gus's "risks" strategy. Whilst Spain and Barcelona have the players to play that way, there are few even in the Premier League that can keep up that sort of sustained play. I have to say I am concerned about his reluctance to play a little bit more to our players' strengths.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
How about we f***ing RISK having a SHOT? You never know it MIGHT go in.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Hate to say it but I used to think poyet was invincible. In the post match interview he sounds like a whiny bitch. Very disrespectful to say the players earn "nothing".

There is a correlation between money spent and success but I don't remember hull, blackpool, Swansea or Norwich being particularly massive spenders when they went up, and last season southampton were not as good as us.

Man up Gus.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Hate to say it but I used to think poyet was invincible. In the post match interview he sounds like a whiny bitch. Very disrespectful to say the players earn "nothing".

There is a correlation between money spent and success but I don't remember hull, blackpool, Swansea or Norwich being particularly massive spenders when they went up, and last season southampton were not as good as us.

Man up Gus.

As much as it pains me to say I can't disagree with any of this

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Man up Gus.

Post of the day :bowdown:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Man up Gus.
I've just watched the interview and it really wasn't pleasant viewing. Gus was SERIOUSLY pissed off with the players, the chairman's budget.....he looked angry and he looked under pressure. Its times like this that he needs to earn his money. I think Gus has got great ideas about football but losing his rag doesn't help the players. We seriously need a positive performance and result against Barnsley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here