Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet: I'll go home

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Argus:

Albion boss Gus Poyet has blasted his players for abandoning the passing game he has implemented. He branded last nights defeat as the worst performance for 18 months.

Selected quotes...

If we are going to play like we did in the last 20 minutes I'll go home. If the players are going to kick it, I'll go home. I don't care. So we will see if the players are brave enough to pass the ball on Sunday.

Me? I'm going to sit down on Sunday against Barnsley and watch my team pass the ball. If not I'll go home.

pintsawhiskey

Apr 17, 2010
bn1
Go home then, stop bleating about it gus, and get on with it....., we have trust in you but throwing your toys out the pram, I want my ball back is not going to help.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I love Gus's passion, but I wish he wouldn't be so childish at times...

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
And take my ball and stumps with me, and tell my mummy. I don't like you boys anymore.........f*** sake Poyet grow up and take some responsibility, nothing is ever this guy fault is it?....It's his team, his players, his loans and he HAS spent the money.

Embrace

Oct 28, 2011
If he is going to continue throwing his toys out of his pram, I'll go home...

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Fine Gus, because last night it was your fault that we didn't play the passing game. If you're that unhappy about it, stick someone on the left wing and get a message through to Harper and Greer to stop punting it forward.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If our current form continues much longer I will not be vaguely suprised if Gus flounces out of here. He made noises last season around the time of thr FC United game when he came in for some criticism, and made veiled threats about leaving and he now appears to be making the same noises. It's all a bit childish and disappointing imo and he should accept that some fans are gonna be pissed off. If you milk the plaudits you have to man up when the flak comes.

Go home then, stop bleating about it gus, and get on with it....., we have trust in you but throwing your toys out the pram, I want my ball back is not going to help.

I think it's about time Gus openly kicked the players up the backside. No more Mr nice guy. It's time for the players to stand up and be counted. On the other hand may be one could question whether Gus has put together a squad that is good enough for championship football on a weekly basis.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Go on lads, keep moaning about Poyet and his pathetic comments. You're quite right and with luck he'll decide he's had enough and walk out. Just as long as Ellis Short is on the phone immediately making Gus an offer he can't refuse so we can take the best manager in your history off your hands. Gus Poyet isn't just a good manager, he's going to be a great manager; and ten matches without a win doesn't alter that.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
What I always find annoying in football is how many get paid a fortune for failure (I am not applying this directly to Gus by the way, more of an obvious statement!) but when a manager gets it all wrong and the inevitable happens, they get paid a bloody fortune to go, we have all seen it time and time again.

I do have long term faith in Gus by the way, but will be interesting to see what happens if the "going gets tough"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Go on lads, keep moaning about Poyet and his pathetic comments. You're quite right and with luck he'll decide he's had enough and walk out. Just as long as Ellis Short is on the phone immediately making Gus an offer he can't refuse so we can take the best manager in your history off your hands. Gus Poyet isn't just a good manager, he's going to be a great manager; and ten matches without a win doesn't alter that.

Stick to moaning about Bruce, can you afford to sack him ???

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
On the BBC site "We've got a way of playing football that's my way, we're trying to create an identity in the football club that's mine and at the moment the team is not capable of passing and moving the ball and playing football.

Me, me, me. Starting to sound like a South American dictator. I hope Tony Bloom has some checks and balances in place to keep Gus in the real world. Power corrupts if not handled correctly

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I think it's about time Gus openly kicked the players up the backside. No more Mr nice guy. It's time for the players to stand up and be counted. On the other hand may be one could question whether Gus has put together a squad that is good enough for championship football on a weekly basis.

Again, not many times I agree with you, but the statement that is highlighted above I think is 100% correct.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Well, I expected the usual doom merchants on here today but I wasn't quite ready for some of these digs at Gus. Quite sickening really. Are some of you actually questioning his ability as a manager and coach? Really?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here