Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet has earned the right to a full season

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm certainly not one to call for the head of any Albion manager when the going gets tough, but GP needs to start earning his money by somehow turning this season around. I didn't trek up to Cov today (thank God), but it sounded like we could've played 'til midnight & still failed to score. It's a results business these days & unfortunately the new slump looks to be getting into full swing. God help us against Adkins's mob on monday - coz I can see us getting absolutely hammered. "Steady as she goes" my arse! I'm worried.

Happy New Year.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
To sum up what you are saying - he is too arrogant and fails to ever show any pragmatism!

Now it should be clear to all where Denis Wise played a part in their partnership. Come on Tony - Little Denis for Director of Football Operations!

With this nonsense as with all your posts, you reveal once again that there are actual pork pies - even those small ones you get in a pack of four or those chewy, gristly ones that you get at garages - that are capable of making more intelligent and interesting contributions to this place. Keep it up, don't go changing.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
It's basically going to be the same tossers who call for the manager to be sacked after every bad run. The sames ones who did it for Slade, Wilkins, and McGhee.

I don't think you are a bad fan just because you want a manager sacked. Depends on the circumstances.

I don't want Poyet sacked.

I wanted McGhee out(Even though he seems a nice bloke.) and I'm glad he got sacked when he did, pity it wasn't sooner. Thought Slade was unlucky and the sacking of Wilkins was a disgrace.

You can't back a manager forever if he is causing harm to your club though, surely?

Fingers crossed Gus starts learning from his mistakes soon. He has the majority of fans backing him at the moment and I hope that doesn't change before the end of the season.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
With this nonsense as with all your posts, you reveal once again that there are actual pork pies - even those small ones you get in a pack of four or those chewy, gristly ones that you get at garages - that are capable of making more intelligent and interesting contributions to this place. Keep it up, don't go changing.

You are as sour as the shit you name yourself after! ha ha.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Poyet has earned a lot of time.

Be under no illusions, if it wasn't for him, we'd be opening the Amex in League 1 and probably already playing in front of a half-full stadium at times. And with both Sheffields, Huddersfield and others it would be no easy task to get out of that division. He is only 2 years into his managerial career, and is still learning. And let's face it, we're hardly on the brink of catastrophe here are we?

I cannot BELIEVE there are people actually suggesting his job could be on the line. Baffling.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A manager is only as good as his last 12 results.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't think you are a bad fan just because you want a manager sacked. Depends on the circumstances.

I don't want Poyet sacked.

I wanted McGhee out(Even though he seems a nice bloke.) and I'm glad he got sacked when he did, pity it wasn't sooner. Thought Slade was unlucky and the sacking of Wilkins was a disgrace.

You can't back a manager forever if he is causing harm to your club though, surely?

Fingers crossed Gus starts learning from his mistakes soon. He has the majority of fans backing him at the moment and I hope that doesn't change before the end of the season.

By the time they went, all of those manager probably had to go. What I'm saying is there were people on here calling for them to be sacked about 6 months too early.

Poyet has earned the right to a full season.

I think this is called "damning with faint praise".

Gus has a contract that runs until 2016. This contract will deliver him a brand new training facility and a stadium big enough to bring in an income to sign players he really wants. The only thing that will cause him to give this up is a bunch of impatient fans who don't have faith in him.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Poyet has earned a lot of time.

Be under no illusions, if it wasn't for him, we'd be opening the Amex in League 1 and probably already playing in front of a half-full stadium at times. And with both Sheffields, Huddersfield and others it would be no easy task to get out of that division. He is only 2 years into his managerial career, and is still learning. And let's face it, we're hardly on the brink of catastrophe here are we?

I cannot BELIEVE there are people actually suggesting his job could be on the line. Baffling.

Post of the day

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Plato has spoken.

GPWM. I think that overall it's been a day of such rarefied intellectual discussion on here today that some of it could really only be described as Socratic.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think this is called "damning with faint praise".

. The only thing that will cause him to give this up is a bunch of impatient fans who don't have faith in him.

Really hope he has thicker skin than that but I fear vociforous abuse from the stands will end up with a flounce and we'll all live to regret it

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seem to recall when Poyet signed his new contract there was lots of patently bullshit talk about how either side was just free to walk away at any point. Easy thing to say when you just won Div One and everything's all sweetness and light. Let's see how it plays out in court - as it surely must! :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It's basically going to be the same tossers who call for the manager to be sacked after every bad run. The sames ones who did it for Slade, Wilkins, and McGhee.

Hopefully we won't have too many shit threads about it. That has nearly ruined NSC in the past. I hope the mods are a bit sterner on obviouls WUMs this time.

And it'll be the same tossers that don't even go to games. Some people seriously need to get a grip. We have no divine right to be in this division and kneejerk reactionary fuckwits are not going to help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here