Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet has earned the right to a full season

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Poyet has earned the right to a full season.

Lets get behind him now. Yes, I am critical of a few things but talk of him getting sacked is premature, ridiculous and insulting.

Lets give him and the team FULL backing on Monday as we are going to beat Southampton. I am going LARGE on that, you can be sure.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Uncle
XX

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Up to the manager really and how he can turn it round. We've been pretty shite by any normal standards for a few months now. How many losing games did Hinsh The Elder last? Ten? Eleven? Can't see Bloom letting things drift that far.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Sadly, Gus doesn't seem to know what the hell he is doing; and the team seem totally demotivated. Something major needs to change - and soon. One thing we can be sure of is that Tony Bloom will not want to see us relegated and if we need a change of manager to arrest the decline, I'm sure he'll do whatever is required.

I for one have now lost faith in Gus, and his ability to turn things round, although it pains me to say so.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Up to the manager really and how he can turn it round. We've been pretty shite by any normal standards for a few months now. How many losing games did Hinsh The Elder last? Ten? Eleven? Can't see Bloom letting things drift that far.

Keep the faith mate.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Yes, I am critical of a few things but talk of him getting sacked is premature, ridiculous and insulting.

It's basically going to be the same tossers who call for the manager to be sacked after every bad run. The sames ones who did it for Slade, Wilkins, and McGhee.

Hopefully we won't have too many shit threads about it. That has nearly ruined NSC in the past. I hope the mods are a bit sterner on obviouls WUMs this time.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Just what he needed: the all-important Gavin vote of confidence. Now he's f***ed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blimey is this the first serious suggestions of Gus out thread? Not willing to join in but my faith has been shaken recently.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
No he hasn't...This is football, a results business. Nobody earns the right to anything. History is confined to the history books because its history. I think that a heavy defeat against Southampton, followed by a few indifferent results and the Palace game away could be very interesting. There is no way on gods green earth is Tony Bloom going to sit on his hands and watch us slide back down to league one. It would be a financial disaster and season tickets would slump to around 10,000. There is no way he can afford to let that happen.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Blimey is this the first serious Gus out thread? Not willing to join in but my faith has been shaken recently.

I did dare someone to do a poll but I don't think anyone has the guts, and I would vote Gus in.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Do it US!!

I wouldn't want to be responsible for the CARNAGE that would inevitably happen. Be my guest if you want to though. Could be a great binfest to end the year with.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I'm afraid Gus is to blame for a number of our problems:
1. Letting Murray go.
2. Not replacing him.
3. His failure to sign a decent goalkeeper.
4. Signing Paynter and seemingly keeping faith with him when almost all fans can see he's crap.
5. His failure to sign decent full-back cover.
6. Our disciplinary problems. Not all his fault, but the buck has to stop somewhere.
7. Signing a crock like Vicente. I think he should have checked his fitness more carefully.

I'll give him a further chance for a couple of months. When (or if) we ever get the whole squad fit we might, just might be able to win some games and score some goals. He has to get our discipline sorted out. We have to sign a decent striker to partner CMS, a goalie, at least one full-back, and a decent midfielder.

And we have to stop relying on this tippy-tappy football. It's OK for part of a game, but we need a plan B.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I'm afraid Gus is to blame for a number of our problems:
1. Letting Murray go.
2. Not replacing him.
3. His failure to sign a decent goalkeeper.
4. Signing Paynter and seemingly keeping faith with him when almost all fans can see he's crap.
5. His failure to sign decent full-back cover.
6. Our disciplinary problems. Not all his fault, but the buck has to stop somewhere.
7. Signing a crock like Vicente. I think he should have checked his fitness more carefully.

I'll give him a further chance for a couple of months. When (or if) we ever get the whole squad fit we might, just might be able to win some games and score some goals. He has to get our discipline sorted out. We have to sign a decent striker to partner CMS, a goalie, at least one full-back, and a decent midfielder.

And we have to stop relying on this tippy-tappy football. It's OK for part of a game, but we need a plan B.

To sum up what you are saying - he is too arrogant and fails to ever show any pragmatism!

Now it should be clear to all where Denis Wise played a part in their partnership. Come on Tony - Little Denis for Director of Football Operations!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Give him cash and the time, we are building for the future. We had three bad stuffings from the palace,Leeds and Ipswich games and since then we have struggled, some new players and maybe a slight shift in tactics and we will be midtable or higher by the end of the season. Anyway, I think Gus, like us are a long term project.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here