Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet - "Greer is best centre half in the division"

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I have to admit I had my doubts about how he would perform in this league, both in temperament, and skill. So far completely wrong on both counts. He has been solid and his partnership with Dunk has been a revelation. He should definitely be in with a great shout for Scotland.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
He's up there certainly. Every winning side is built from a strong spine. He has been incredible and exactly the kind of CB I love. Definitely the best central defender I've ever seen in stripes.

Not bad for a sideways move eh Gordon?

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Just when i was thinking that Greer would be more suited as a holding midfielder, or full back.

I have not been really impressed by any players in the Championship this season. No player or team to be overly worried about. Fonte was not quite as a good a footballer as I thought. Good actor though. Fox (RB) of Southampton stood out from the crowd. Vicente and Reyes looked class but we have hardly seen them.

Some teams have a better spine to their side and overall stronger squads than the Albion who about seventh best at the current standings.

Fonte hasn't set the world alight this year, but he has been very steady. Fox is our LB, are you talking about Frazer Richardson?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I would put all of the following infront of him:

Bamba
Mills
Fonte
Hooiveld
Davies
Reid
Tomkins
Kisnorbo
Gorkss

there are others but I can't think of them at the moment. Solid Championship player he is, but not one of the best in the division.

I doubt you've not seen any of them play more than once, if that often. ???

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Greer is the best centre back in the division, but El-Abd is the best defender at the club?

You're taking Gus My Lord's comments a little out of context there, considering he actually said that El-Abd is the best AT defending, at the club. And that was said prior to the arrival of Gordon Greer.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Poyet is mental. Isn`t he ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dont see any reason why he isnt in the squad for scotland. Maybe he should have a run out in a couple of friendlies.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
I doubt you've not seen any of them play more than once, if that often. ???

see two of them play week in week out, seen a lot of Mills, Davies Tomkins and Kisnorbo. The remaining couple i've only seen a few times.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Fonte hasn't set the world alight this year, but he has been very steady. Fox is our LB, are you talking about Frazer Richardson?

Left back. Typo. The one that stopped Noone. Richardson was not bad, but he did not have much to do.

If Greer played left back, he would be good to.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I wasn't being serious :(

Damn, I knew there was a strong possibility but I played on anyway.

see two of them play week in week out, seen a lot of Mills, Davies Tomkins and Kisnorbo. The remaining couple i've only seen a few times.

Tomkins is all hype and no performances from what little I've seen so far, Kisnorbo has been a beast against us before but I am reliably informed (by 2 indepedent Leeds fans) that his knees are knackered and is no longer their first choice. As for Mills, he should be very decent considering the ridiculous fee they paid for him. I would think Greer is up there with the better centre backs in the league, I haven't done the neccessary research to suggest he is *THE* best though.

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
He was immense last night and nearly scored the goal of the season so far.

I was very critical of him last year but this season he has steped up and hardly put a foot wrong. Not sure he isinternational quality but hey give him a chance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here