Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet - "Greer is best centre half in the division"

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Not saying it isn't good for the confidence and I can see why he has done it. I guess I was trying to say, after his impressive and consistent performances this season how high can he go as an individual in this division?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Given some people on here might suggest our keeper, and a couple of our full backs are crap in this division, we've only conceded 21 goals, which I think only 6 teams have a better defensive record...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He's actually been the most consistent defender, couple of mistakes, but people are quicker to jump on them than they would be with Dunk.

Some people will never get over his red cards last season. I think he's been really good for us and will only get better. Sideways move, my arse :lol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh, and it's utterly ridiculous that he's not in the Scotland squad, bearing in mind they picked a bloody Milton Keynes player last time, FFS.

Varndean VI Form College

Jul 29, 2011
Hove
Gordon Greer is, along with Bridcutt and CMS, one of our best three players. The guy doesn't get injured, always plays for the team and has a left foot sweeter than many left footed wingers.

Personally I'd like the North Stand hardcore to show him a bit more respect and hopefully invent a new song in praise of our captain - I'd be the first to join the chorus.

Respect to Gordon Greer.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
His lack of pace is his main problem

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
two words SOL BAMBA

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
He's actually been the most consistent defender, couple of mistakes, but people are quicker to jump on them than they would be with Dunk.

Some people will never get over his red cards last season. I think he's been really good for us and will only get better. Sideways move, my arse :lol:

You just FANCY him though, you can't see passed his DASHING looks.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Given some people on here might suggest our keeper, and a couple of our full backs are crap in this division, we've only conceded 21 goals, which I think only 6 teams have a better defensive record...

& 12 of those were in 4 games, so 9 goals in the other 15 games is pretty good going.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
I would put all of the following infront of him:

Bamba
Mills
Fonte
Hooiveld
Davies
Reid
Tomkins
Kisnorbo
Gorkss

there are others but I can't think of them at the moment. Solid Championship player he is, but not one of the best in the division.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just when i was thinking that Greer would be more suited as a holding midfielder, or full back.

I have not been really impressed by any players in the Championship this season. No player or team to be overly worried about. Fonte was not quite as a good a footballer as I thought. Good actor though. Fox (RB) of Southampton stood out from the crowd. Vicente and Reyes looked class but we have hardly seen them.

Some teams have a better spine to their side and overall stronger squads than the Albion who about seventh best at the current standings.

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Wasn't Crawleys S.E slammed for saying a similair comment about one of their lot?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here