Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet fancies blues [chelsea] post - sky sports

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not a cat in hell's chance of Gus being the next Chelsea manager even if he'd be gone in a flash given the opportunity, which he would. He hasn't done anywhere near enough here to even be considered imo.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
But not the spurs job, funnily enough

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I read this morning on the palace forum they said he spent whole day at Chelsea last week and they allege Di Matteo may move back into management and Gus is trying to line himself up the number 2 job...... then again, coming from the Nigels, that may be complete bullshit, and I don't think Gus would want a number 2 job

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Number 2 maybe.

Number 1 not while I have a hole in my arse.

Reasons:

He will probably come out with some crap that Chelseas rivals are Leyton Orient or something to start.

Then when they lose three games in a row probably come out with more crap like "if you dont like it I go home" yeah Ambramovich would LOVE those type of comments.

Ambramovic wouldnt tolerate one win in 12

Abramovic wants attacking football not two shots on target in something like the last 5 away games or whatever

Abramovic will buy who he wants and tell Poyet to play them (Torres/Shevchenko)

I think we are talking Poyet will NEVER be their manager.

northernblue

Nov 24, 2010
Abramovich isn't going to be taking any chances on the next manager! he will get who he wants and who has a proven record! he has taken a chance on AVB and so far it has not been great! cant see him doing the same on gus!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is this a rehash of the Independent story published this morning?:

Gus Poyet - Brian Viner Interview in today's Independent

a very selective rehash intended to make mischief................... the problem with Gus speaking so openly is that reporters can make of it whatever they want. In this instance some will choose to re-ignite the racism issue (to quote Andy Naylor on Twitter this morning) while others like Sky News will probably publish the Chelsea/Brighton fans' wind-up first and follow up later with the Suarez/Evra angle after reinterviewing Ferguson to get some added apoplectic spice from him.

Got to hand it to Gus........ he is great value to guarantee copy for even the most incompetent hack (Tim aside).

Last edited:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I note they have missed out one of the most important bits of that interview: "But the chairman [Tony Bloom] wants the same as me. In England, people say don't pick a club [to manage] because of the history or the quality, pick it for the chairman. And this chairman is top-class."

I would not describe Roman Abramovich as a top class chairman.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Let it go lad...

NEVER

Thanks to Gus and the boys I have had CONTINUAL reminders from the Palace fans at work.

Only yesterday Dennis emailed me the CPFC christmas catalogue and asked what I am getting him. I can CATEGORICALLY state that had we won this would not have happened.

Until Poyet realises its ONLY f***ing Palace I will bang on and if I ever met him I will tell him, ALL the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here