Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet: end of term report

What grade would you give Poyet for this term (season)?

• A

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • A-

Votes: 44 18.6%
  • B+

Votes: 89 37.6%
  • B

Votes: 53 22.4%
  • B-

Votes: 23 9.7%
  • C+

Votes: 10 4.2%
  • C

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • C-

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • D+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

• D-

• E+

• E

• Total voters

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
B+ here. Overachieved but decision making slightly wobbly at times.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
A- Hampered by a transfer guru, he clearly did not see eye to eye with and sub-standard training facilities, in addition to the factors already mentioned. Will have to work hard to maintain this grade next season.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I see there is one D. Presumably that is one of our "Away" posters?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
+ Finished 10th
+ Enjoyable cup runs & beating Premiership opposition
+ Played great football all season & stuck to our ethics
+ Got even more out of our league one players
+ Not a single bad signing
+ Vicente

- Some poor team selections
- Failed to seal the play offs when it was in our hands
- Occasionally poor media handling
- Failed to get the most out of CMS

I make that a B+

This

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Solid B from me. Weird selections (IMO) some games. Kaz not used at much as i would have liked. Vicente was a master-stroke but was it all smoke and mirrors as we seemed to lose form when he was playing full-time. Never seemed to have a Plan B but having said that nor have Barcelona, but they are slightly better than us.
If you compared Gus with say Brian McDermott, Gus is more of a loose cannon and does put his foot in it from time to time, BM gets on with the job and acknowledges other teams merits/position achievements, Gus seems to be more ambitious for himself before the club. Only my opinion Gus is a brilliant manager and i love him here but sometimes i wonder if he feels the same way about this club as say BM does Reading and he thinks he has a divine right to manage at a higher level.
His P.R needs work IMO

D

Deleted member 2719

Solid B from me. Weird selections (IMO) some games. Kaz not used at much as i would have liked. Vicente was a master-stroke but was it all smoke and mirrors as we seemed to lose form when he was playing full-time. Never seemed to have a Plan B but having said that nor have Barcelona, but they are slightly better than us.
If you compared Gus with say Brian McDermott, Gus is more of a loose cannon and does put his foot in it from time to time, BM gets on with the job and acknowledges other teams merits/position achievements, Gus seems to be more ambitious for himself before the club. Only my opinion Gus is a brilliant manager and i love him here but sometimes i wonder if he feels the same way about this club as say BM does Reading and he thinks he has a divine right to manage at a higher level.
His P.R needs work IMO

Spot on with all that matey but i would just add he would only get a C+ from me as just 2 points above mid table average spend and a zero goal difference = Average to me.

What i would say is that i would give TB and MP an A+ for giving us a great home and therefore making sure we had a nailed on good home record in our first season at the AMEX.

Awaits flaming...................but you know i'm right.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Spot on with all that matey but i would just add he would only get a C+ from me as just 2 points above mid table average spend and a zero goal difference = Average to me.

What i would say is that i would give TB and MP an A+ for giving us a great home and therefore making sure we had a nailed on good home record in our first season at the AMEX.

:nono: Where as Wilkins would have got an A+?
How quickly we forget.
A- from me. Raising Brightons profile and giving us a team that can compete. Slight minus point for not using Kaz enough.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011

Did you take into account it's the first season in the Championship after promotion? If similar position next season I may agree with it, not that marks from any of us actually matter of course. Carry on.

B for me.

Away performances have been a concern. Second worst goals scored away in the league.
Teams that tend to tail off generally have a poor start the following season.......
Had the Albion as 13th at the start of the season - so exceeded my expectations
We were never good enough to compete for a top 6 spot & I for one have loved the Championship
We will do very well to finish 10th next year, unless some serious wonga is spent!

D

Deleted member 2719

:nono: Where as Wilkins would have got an A+?
How quickly we forget.
A- from me. Raising Brightons profile and giving us a team that can compete. Slight minus point for not using Kaz enough.

Mr rslicker, actually i would never have given Wilkins a A+ maybe a A- as he had no budget and kids to work with.

The thread is his end of term report, not last years so i think a C+ for average is very fair.

He has raised the Albion profile this season but with a mixed report so he get's a D for below average PR skills, but for his effort for sticking to his guns for producing pure footie i would give him a b-.

So all in all there are areas for him to work on and with him having the attitude of a winner i hope he can improve and learn by this season.

Anyway have you ever heard me give any negative abuse to Poyet? Infact you could say we are Gus's most vocal support in the WSU.

Anyway Murray not coming back so :p

Ps You can't knock Wilkins, he pretty much single handedly has turned Hammond into a Premiership midfielder more than SIR Dick thought or a lot other Albion narrow minded fans thought.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
B- Good levels of achievement but a little too talkative in class.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
+ Finished 10th
+ Enjoyable cup runs & beating Premiership opposition
+ Played great football all season & stuck to our ethics
+ Got even more out of our league one players
+ Not a single bad signing
+ Vicente

- Some poor team selections
- Failed to seal the play offs when it was in our hands
- Occasionally poor media handling
- Failed to get the most out of CMS

I make that a B+

word-for-word. This :)

D

Deleted member 2719

Did you take into account it's the first season in the Championship after promotion? If similar position next season I may agree with it, not that marks from any of us actually matter of course. Carry on.

Yes i did, that's why we may have had such a good start.

Although i don't for one moment believe Gus reads NSC but feedback does spread and i for one love feedback i would hate to be perfect because you could never get better and i reckon Gus likes to get better, even if he thinks he knows better, he doesn't and he would do well to listen to the truth and not what he wants to hear,he is no mug.

I believe he is not happy at the way we finished i just hope he knows the answers................I do but i am not telling anyone..................because the jobs mine....... all mine..........:clap:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
B+

This is a work in progress and he's still learning as a manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here