Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet charged

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It's fine: he'll get a ban and we'll just have the shy and retiring Tanno orchestrating things from the dugout instead.

What's the modern term for a dugout, by the way, they don't really exist at most new grounds, in the traditional sense?

And then Charlie can take over once Tanno gets sent to the stands for suggesting the ref has been boughtout :facepalm:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It's fine: he'll get a ban and we'll just have the shy and retiring Tanno orchestrating things from the dugout instead.

What's the modern term for a dugout, by the way, they don't really exist at most new grounds, in the traditional sense?

That's a Technical Area and thats why its difficult to answer

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Would you prefer a boring manager that just sat there (ala Fergie)?

I'd prefer one that actually got on with the job of his team and spent a lot less time making controversial statements to the press and moaning and whinging CONSTANTLY about refs, money or just about anything he can.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I'd prefer one that actually got on with the job of his team and spent a lot less time making controversial statements to the press and moaning and whinging CONSTANTLY about refs, money or just about anything he can.

I'd say he's done a pretty good job so far in his FIRST managers post

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wonder if he had a rant about Nooney being forced to walk all round the periphery of the pitch when injured at the substitution whereas a Coventry player only had cramp when he was subbed but could leave the pitch via the short way. If so I'll chip in with a quid for his fine because that was worth complaining for.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

But by doing those sorts of things he is actually doing his job. he is taking the attention and therefore the pressure off his players, especially needed during a bad run of results and giving his team time to turn things around without hostility from fans, etc vented towards them. But for someone so negative like yourself, you wouldn't understand the value of these sorts of things.

With regards to money, do you think it would bne better for him to come out and say i have a large war chest with which to buy players? what do you think the 1st thing to happen will be? - clubs with players we are after suddenly increase the asking price of our targets.

There is a point about refs this season though, we have had some real shockers so who can blame a passionate person from getting annoyed with it and make comments (many premier league managers have done so and been fined for it, so why should it matter if Gus does or not)?

His antics didn't do us any harm last season so why has his actions suddenly become so important? People clutching at straws or just needing something to be negative about because they just can't be happy with things?

smelly

May 23, 2004
I saw him repeating his ironic applause from the Burnley match could be that or threw his coat down in toddler fashion when Noone forced to walk round perimeter with knackered hammy.

Got to admire his passion but needs to learn to channel it or he will spend half the season in the stands where he will be unable to do his job. Could end up with gus in stands and Tanno at left back leaving Charlie in charge of proceedings with no back up.

Learn to count to ten Gus.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
It's a cliched saying but I have it on good authority that Gus and tanno have been actively orchestrating and encouraging the feistiness on and off the pitch and in particular to get the fans involved and create the atmosphere we are seeing at the Amex, they want us to have a reputation of some kind and believe it will spur the players onto better things. It has caused some friction at board level and the old bill have even had a quiet word about it. I can't verify the veracity of this info and cannot reveal the source but it's all part of gus's plan apparently.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I wouldn't mind the FA's campaign to bang managers and players to rights if they showed a little more concern for some quite abject refereeing this season. And not just in our games. There are some ludicrously inconsistent decisions being made and the FA seems oblivious. I'm sure Gus (and others) would calm down if they could see just a modicum of consistency, and see real evidence that the FA is actually concerned about the quality of refereeing.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
It's a cliched saying but I have it on good authority that Gus and tanno have been actively orchestrating and encouraging the feistiness on and off the pitch and in particular to get the fans involved and create the atmosphere we are seeing at the Amex, they want us to have a reputation of some kind and believe it will spur the players onto better things. It has caused some friction at board level and the old bill have even had a quiet word about it. I can't verify the veracity of this info and cannot reveal the source but it's all part of gus's plan apparently.

Sorry, cant believe this for one minute

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
So you can't verify the veracity of him being like a snake with vermifications?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Absolute COBBLERS

That "feistiness" is regularly depriving him of key players through suspension. His pitchside antics may not be doing much to discourage it, but to suggest it is some kind of strategy he wants the players to indulge in is ridiculous. And he's at odds with the board over it ? Get real.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here