Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet at swansea yesterday

Swansea

Jan 13, 2010
Not sure when Monk's contract is up but he does spend a fair amount of time injured. Orlandi is out of contract if I had to guess on a player I would say Shaun Macdonald who is also out of contact but is only 21 been on loan at Yeovil who are very keen to sign him Swansea do not seem to want him.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Maybe he was there to tie up a permanent deal for Marcus Painter?

That - and he was probably catching up with old mate[?], Paulo Sousa. This from the Beeb:

Ironically, Gus Poyet, now manager at Brighton, who was a red-hot favourite to take charge of Swansea last summer before being pipped to the post by Sousa, was at Sunday's draw.

He witnessed a typical dominant performance by the Welsh club, who looked defensively strong but lacking in firepower, before leaving ahead of the final whistle.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Andreas Orlandi maybe - would be a great signing for us

or centre back Garry Monk - I think his contract is up this year?

Dick Knight met with Garry Monk a few years back with a view to him signing him but after the meeting, Dick didn't follow it up. He's very happy in Swansea and has a burgeoning media career, so very unlikely to move - but would be a great buy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would LOVE IT if we signed Lee Trundle. He fits the flair criteria perfectly.

He was good 3 - 5 years ago. He is not a 20+ goals a season player now, which is what we need. He is nearly 34 which wouldnt be a problem with some players, like Robbie Blake who has played at the top level for years, but it is for somebody like Trundle.

Last edited:

I would LOVE IT if we signed Lee Trundle. He fits the flair criteria perfectly.

I've heard that Trundle will be staying on at Swansea for another year as a player before moving into coaching / youth development.

As for Poyet being at the game yesterday, I wouldn't read much into that tbh - he was bound to be somewhere watching someone yesterday, it just happened to be Swansea v Doncaster who are 2 footballing sides who both fielded several players out of contract in the summer

Swansea

Jan 13, 2010
He was good 3 - 5 years ago. He is not a 20+ goals a season player now, which is what we need. He is nearly 34 which wouldnt be a problem with some players, like Robbie Blake who has played at the top level for years, but it is for somebody like Trundle.

Not so sure about the 20 goal striker I think he could easily hit that again,he scored 5 for us this season and I think he only had 2 starts and 5 or 6 sub appearences he ended up not far off our top scorer who was on 7 we did score the fewest goals in the division but if Trundle can hit the net with them what can he do with a side that is scoring freely

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

That doesn't matter. He's skilful, overweight and has an attitude problem. Perfect flair characteristics.

kjgood

Sousa

Gus was in the stand on Sunday. I'm not starting any rumours, just telling you what i heard from a senior member of staff at Swansea.

I know people will ask me to name the source but i cant, may do to a Mod (Such as HiTony) privately, so they can agree my source.

Apparently the back room staff and players are really unhappy with the way Sousa is dealing with the backroom staff, training methods, communication etc and at least one has just resigned (Len Fuchillo) because he cant work with Sousa.

My info is Sousa had been called to a meeting this morning to discuss some issues. As Gus was interviewed for the Swansea job when Sousa was appointed, I must admit to being a bit concerned.

Of course it all could be perfectly innocent and all they were doing was catching up on old times.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I rather think that if Gus was about to do one and sign for Swansea he'd be a little more discreet about it, rather than sitting in the stand in full view of everyone before a deal was done.

What like when Hoddle used to come to Withdean to see Bobby? I think we all know that Managers watch other teams play whenever they can, so it would be even more odd if he was spotted skulking about in dark glasses and a hoodie! :lolol:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Gus was in the stand on Sunday. I'm not starting any rumours, just telling you what i heard from a senior member of staff at Swansea.

I know people will ask me to name the source but i cant, may do to a Mod (Such as HiTony) privately, so they can agree my source.

Apparently the back room staff and players are really unhappy with the way Sousa is dealing with the backroom staff, training methods, communication etc and at least one has just resigned (Len Fuchillo) because he cant work with Sousa.

My info is Sousa had been called to a meeting this morning to discuss some issues. As Gus was interviewed for the Swansea job when Sousa was appointed, I must admit to being a bit concerned.

Of course it all could be perfectly innocent and all they were doing was catching up on old times.

I have not worries at all. It would be one thing him being offered the job as Manager of a Premiership or big Championship team, but he is hardly likely to choose Swansea over Brighton is he?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I have not worries at all. It would be one thing him being offered the job as Manager of a Premiership or big Championship team, but he is hardly likely to choose Swansea over Brighton is he?

Really? Swansea as a team are about 20 goals short of having a team capable of automatic promotion, if you had aspirations of managing in the top flight, Swansea is a much, much better proposition than Brighton at this moment in time.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Really? Swansea as a team are about 20 goals short of having a team capable of automatic promotion, if you had aspirations of managing in the top flight, Swansea is a much, much better proposition than Brighton at this moment in time.

but it would not be his team would it?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Cor the intrigue. We going to get this every time Poyet is seen at another ground?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here