Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet/Albion Stat 2010/2011

Sep 1, 2010
:albion:

I wonder if this has ever happened anywhere within the modern game...............................................................

In the League, Gus Poyet did not make one substitution at half time

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That is a great stat, although I suspect no where near unique. I think managers avoid doing it at half time as it gives the opposition the heads up. Even five minutes later has more impact I suspect.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do you know, under Gus we have NEVER gone on to lose a game in which we have equalised.

Except Hartlepool. And Huddersfield.

Apart from them.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Interesting stat, not sure how uncommon it is but still notable.

Depeched101

Shit stat. Probably loads of managers haven't

I agree.

Most managers only bring on subs after 68 mins or so.

You know the score, if the team's losing they'll bring on a striker, if they're winning they'll bring on a defensive midfielder.

Easy Peasy - but managers get paid £zillions for doing the blindingly obvious?

.....Not that their substitutions always work out right though.

That said, Gus had no need to make any subs (in the first half) in the away game at Peterborough Utd this season.

I was there, and the match should be available on DVD as a masterclass of the away team taking the piss out of the home team (especially Craig Mackail-Smith)

CMS just ran around all game like a headless chicken trying to get the ball.

Hilarious stuff.

Incidentally, I was pleased to hear that Adam El-Abd won the player of the season award.

He was superb on the day.

Sep 1, 2010
"Most managers only bring on subs after 68 mins or so."

Do they?

I reckon a manager at some point during a season would of made a substitute at half time even if only a few times

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Most managers only bring on subs after 68 mins or so.

You know the score, if the team's losing they'll bring on a striker, if they're winning they'll bring on a defensive midfielder.

Easy Peasy - but managers get paid £zillions for doing the blindingly obvious?

Random response

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I was there, and the match should be available on DVD as a masterclass of the away team taking the piss out of the home team (especially Craig Mackail-Smith)

CMS just ran around all game like a headless chicken trying to get the ball.

Hilarious stuff.

The DVD of the Peterborough away game IS available. I missed that game so I ordered it through the Boro website. They sent it but (sigh) it was LOST IN THE POST. They then informed me they had SOLD OUT and refunded me. So there are loads of DVDs of the game floating round. I just can't get my hands on ANY of them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here