Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet.. a bad loser!

Come on Gus, You got it wrong yesterday. Face the facts we lost to the better team . No excuses, no silly comparisons, no childish jibes.
Southampton took the game to us and were unlucky no to score more. Let it be a lesson for the future.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Poyet is a winner and doesn't like losing. I wouldn't have it any other way to be honest.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Double standards among Brighton fans are hilarious. If Adkins is a bad loser he's an arrogant pikey wanker who will be sacked by Christmas. If Poyet is, we love his passion and wouldn't have it any other way!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Personally, I don't think you can be a top manager whilst also being a good loser.

Look at Fergie, Wenger, Mourinho et al. If a Brighton manager is happy to lose, then its the day he should quit.

I remember when Micky Mk II said he didn't mind losing against Leeds because "Its Leeds, what did you expect?". That marked the beginning of the end for him for my mind.

Also, we've never called Adkins a bad loser, just a little delusional. Fair play to him yesterday though. Conducted himself really well during the match.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Double standards among Brighton fans are hilarious. If Adkins is a bad loser he's an arrogant pikey wanker who will be sacked by Christmas. If Poyet is, we love his passion and wouldn't have it any other way!
I know, its great aint it!!!

I think Poyet was completely pissed about the lack of guard of honour. I reackon if we had beat them, he would have refused to shake hands, but as we didn't he didnt have much choice other to shake hands.

He is a bad loser. I wouldn't want anyone at the club that is a good loser to be honest. Good losers tend to end up in a lower division a year later.

ALthough people have knocked him for what he said afterwards yesterday, he is right when you think about it.

I would rather see us lose the odd game to a team of giants that play hoof ball, and play 95% of side of the park and win the league at a canter, than what that shit every week and struggle to go up with numerous million pound plus players in the side.

Gus has got us out this division with a better than average squad, and no doubt this time next season, we'll be pushing on in the championship with a very difference looking core to our to team.

But is he a bad loser. Very in the professional game should be, otherwise they should be in it. How often do you see Ferguson smiling after a defeat.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I know, its great aint it!!!

I think Poyet was completely pissed about the lack of guard of honour. I reackon if we had beat them, he would have refused to shake hands, but as we didn't he didnt have much choice other to shake hands.

He is a bad loser. I wouldn't want anyone at the club that is a good loser to be honest. Good losers tend to end up in a lower division a year later.

ALthough people have knocked him for what he said afterwards yesterday, he is right when you think about it.

I would rather see us lose the odd game to a team of giants that play hoof ball, and play 95% of side of the park and win the league at a canter, than what that shit every week and struggle to go up with numerous million pound plus players in the side.

Gus has got us out this division with a better than average squad, and no doubt this time next season, we'll be pushing on in the championship with a very difference looking core to our to team.

But is he a bad loser. Very in the professional game should be, otherwise they should be in it. How often do you see Ferguson smiling after a defeat.

Spot on, any defeat is still a defeat whoever it's against. :thumbsup:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Personally, I don't think you can be a top manager whilst also being a good loser.

Look at Fergie, Wenger, Mourinho et al. If a Brighton manager is happy to lose, then its the day he should quit.

I remember when Micky Mk II said he didn't mind losing against Leeds because "Its Leeds, what did you expect?". That marked the beginning of the end for him for my mind.

Also, we've never called Adkins a bad loser, just a little delusional. Fair play to him yesterday though. Conducted himself really well during the match.

This. I want my manager to be a bad loser, i want him to go home and give the wife/kids/dog a good thrashing, i want him to be so pissed off with losing that the team will be too scared to lose again.

You've got the perfect bad loser but despite plenty of practice, we haven't and Avram Grant still remains a gutless (unt.....fancy swapping !!!!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

thats about it I'm afraid

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove

That, in a sentence, is football.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

This.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
True. But worrying we seem to struggle at defending set pieces...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
True. But worrying we seem to struggle at defending set pieces...

It has been a bit of a weakness all season. Not been a handicap, considering we've won it comfortably. But it is something that I would hope mr Poyet, a very bad loser, adresses for next season. Much as I like El-Abd and Elphick, I think we need to set our standards a bit higher for the Championship and Greer is going to need a better partner. On the subject of Gus, his personality is why he is an Albion legend. His standards are much higher than we've been used to at this club in recent years, he has made such a groundbreaking difference to our club. He didn't get to where he is in the game by accepting defeat with a smile and a cuddle.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
I think think we have had two games that will have taught us a footballing lesson this season, being Stoke and Southampton to a lesser extent.

Neither played the neat passing game that we play, but we should get used to the fact that this will be a good example of what we will face in the Championship next season. Probably better to get the message now when it can't damage us. Hopefully this can then be taken into account when the squad is stregthened and we go into pre season training..

"that which does not kill us makes us stronger" Nietsche

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I think think we have had two games that will have taught us a footballing lesson this season, being Stoke and Southampton to a lesser extent.

Neither played the neat passing game that we play, but we should get used to the fact that this will be a good example of what we will face in the Championship next season. Probably better to get the message now when it can't damage us. Hopefully this can then be taken into account when the squad is stregthened and we go into pre season training..

"that which does not kill us makes us stronger" Nietsche

If our record against the top 6 this season is taken into account as well this needs to be the wake up call.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Good point. I was thinking that myself. Perhaps we were unbeaten at home because we hadn't played Southampton & Huddersfield. Yesterday was the wake up call that we desperately needed. In reality this is a very poor division and I don't think that we are as good as we think we are. There is no doubt in my mind that Greer can cut it in the Championship, but El Abd & Elphick? It's an accident waiting to happen......

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Am I imagining it, or has PSB actually started a thread about a football issue?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here