Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pound 4 Pompey Appeal?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If I had the chance I would take a handful of coins out of the bucket if it helps Portsmouth to get their just desserts and get relegated and go out of business

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
From a Pompey fan.....thanks for your thought mate. Unfortunately most on here are right.....even a massive effort across all grounds would go but a little way to pay the thieves and robbers who have destroyed our club.

I fear it is too late for us but fans should rally....if not for us then for themselves....to make sure the authorities know that their customers across the piece are not happy to stand by and see the things that have happened at Portsmouth happen elsewhere.....and they will.

What of your own club.....today.....tomorrow?

You post like Portsmouth are the first club with financial problems - have you had any interest in the rest of football in the last 20 years ?

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
They are not exactly helping themselves at the moment
It was reported that their ticket office for over the counter sales wasn't even open yesterday

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They are not exactly helping themselves at the moment
It was reported that their ticket office for over the counter sales wasn't even open yesterday
I'd image, if that's true it's because. there was no staff.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not bullshit and not gutless either-simply weary of your pomposity. Just for your information: I'm not looking for 'everyone to agree with me'. If you think that's the case then you've mistaken me for somebody who gives a shit what you think about me. You still haven't given the reason for singling me out-are you afraid some of the other posters might react slightly differently or are you the gutless one?

Enjoy the ride on your high horse.

Your track record on this issue speaks for itself. You are completely inconsistent, even at one point on this thread saying you agree with me about gloating (having done it for months about Pompey). This is a public board, so such inconsistency gets noted, even if you might not like it chucked back at you.

And the victim stuff is really pathetic, you have reacted pretty strongly for someone who doesn't give a shit. You have stated your case, stand by your view and stop bleating.

It's interesting that when a reasonable Pompey fans comes on here pointing out the dangers of mercenary foreign ownership, people start saying 'good luck' after previously saying they brought it all on themselves and should be blown to oblivion up to that point.

Incidentally, I have at no point suggested a collection is a great idea. I just don't like fans of my club treating other fans in trouble with such glee and contempt as you have shown, even if you're now backtracking.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
They went in to Administration the first time, which must have been pretty sucky for their fans. They then went and spunked £20k a week on Kitson/Lawrence and co. and wonder why they find themselves in administration again. No sympathy from me for ANY team that's been in the Premiership. £40m in Parachute payments? What the f*** do they do with the money?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It' not about a few local folk standing around with buckets to collect a few million......these are major sums which average fans couldn't hope to collect. International off balance sheet dealings so complex that they have hoodwinked professional administrators, due dilligence experts and the courts. The pompey supporters trust hasn't made enough noise outside of Portsmouth but the fact is....it wouldn't have made any difference if they had.
Of course raising a bit of money wouldn't have helped you, it's more about protesting and not accepting the spending spree and trying to get the club to sell players instead of wishing for more. Most Pompey fans knew the owners were no good, but go to a game and you wouldn't have noticed.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
They went in to Administration the first time, which must have been pretty sucky for their fans. They then went and spunked £20k a week on Kitson/Lawrence and co. and wonder why they find themselves in administration again. No sympathy from me for ANY team that's been in the Premiership. £40m in Parachute payments? What the f*** do they do with the money?

Can't believe any club in admin is actually allowed to sign players to be honest. Surely any spare cash should go to the pot for creditors. Something badly wrong with the rules there.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The administrator is already setting up a Pound 4 Pompey Appeal , there are rumours that Chainrai might buy the club for £1 to avoid liquidation because it means his £17M investment is totally worthless if the club folds.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
The administrator is already setting up a Pound 4 Pompey Appeal , there are rumours that Chainrai might buy the club for £1 to avoid liquidation because it means his £17M investment is totally worthless if the club folds.

He may find that more difficult without his pet Administrator at the helme.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Your track record on this issue speaks for itself. You are completely inconsistent, even at one point on this thread saying you agree with me about gloating (having done it for months about Pompey). This is a public board, so such inconsistency gets noted, even if you might not like it chucked back at you.

And the victim stuff is really pathetic, you have reacted pretty strongly for someone who doesn't give a shit. You have stated your case, stand by your view and stop bleating.

It's interesting that when a reasonable Pompey fans comes on here pointing out the dangers of mercenary foreign ownership, people start saying 'good luck' after previously saying they brought it all on themselves and should be blown to oblivion up to that point.

Incidentally, I have at no point suggested a collection is a great idea. I just don't like fans of my club treating other fans in trouble with such glee and contempt as you have shown, even if you're now backtracking.

You're either very drunk or very stupid so I would suggest giving it a rest until you either sober up or get an education.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You're either very drunk or very stupid so I would suggest giving it a rest until you either sober up or get an education.

Neither, more's the pity, although the idea of an education on this or anything else for that matter from you is about the first thing that has made me smile on this thread. The age of enlightenment indeed.

seagull1981

Blue & White Forever
Aug 8, 2010
My thoughts:

a) it's a futile gesture and even £1M is a drop in the ocean. £10k wouldn't be worth the hassle.
b) who would the money go to? Players on £30k a week or gun-running owners? Can you guarantee it won't just get swallowed up?
c) Where are all the Pompey fans' protests? Why should I care if they don't?
d) there's very little goodwill with the Pompey situation. It is different to Wrexham and Plymouth.
e) in reality you'll raise £1000 at most.

Portsmouth supporters club, so they can set up another team when they go bust?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I fear it is too late for us but fans should rally....if not for us then for themselves....to make sure the authorities know that their customers across the piece are not happy to stand by and see the things that have happened at Portsmouth happen elsewhere.....and they will.

Birmingham.....just starting out down the same road as us.....mebbe?
Reading....lauding a new young Russian owner....but no one knows anything about him or his motivation.

What happens when these people pull the plug as the owners did at Pompey? What happens if the the sheik decides the £1bn he has poured into Man City needs recovering fast? There are at least 20 clubs in worse debt/income ratios in the UK than Pompey ever were.

What of your own club.....today.....tomorrow?

Few things are more irritating than people who say I told you so, but I was amongst those who went up to London during the dark days of 1996/97 and who told the likes of Graham Kelly at the FL and the blazers at the FA that they simply had to do something about the rules covering club ownership.

Everyone knows that the FA's fit and proper test is about as worthless as an I.O.U. from Sasha Gaydamak, but the infuriating thing is they have known this for years and done sweet F.A. about it.

The only difference between Archer/Stanley/Bellotti and the ownership at Fratton Park, is that when we spotted we had a bunch of cnuts in charge we fought tooth and nail until we kicked them out and got someone in who had genuine feelings for the club.

At Portsmouth, the short sighted fans have just welcomed one bunch of thieving bastards after another regardless whether they could stick a pin in a map to indicate where the city was, let alone the ground.

So long as they had a team full of big stars like Kanu et al and a run in the Premier League and a cup in the cupboard the Pompey fans were happy.

Dickheads. Fvck em.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Few things are more irritating than people who say I told you so, but I was amongst those who went up to London during the dark days of 1996/97 and who told the likes of Graham Kelly at the FL and the blazers at the FA that they simply had to do something about the rules covering club ownership.

Everyone knows that the FA's fit and proper test is about as worthless as an I.O.U. from Sasha Gaydamak, but the infuriating thing is they have known this for years and done sweet F.A. about it.

The only difference between Archer/Stanley/Bellotti and the ownership at Fratton Park, is that when we spotted we had a bunch of cnuts in charge we fought tooth and nail until we kicked them out and got someone in who had genuine feelings for the club.

At Portsmouth, the short sighted fans have just welcomed one bunch of thieving bastards after another regardless whether they could stick a pin in a map to indicate where the city was, let alone the ground.

So long as they had a team full of big stars like Kanu et al and a run in the Premier League and a cup in the cupboard the Pompey fans were happy.

Dickheads. Fvck em.

I'm afraid I have to agree with this. While my heart wants to me support fellow footie fans in their moment of need my head is telling me that Pompey should be consigned to their fate, because they are serial offenders.

Albion fans will understand all too clearly why non-footballing / non-fan owners of Clubs should be treated with extreme caution, and not welcomed with open arms. We were lucky that a band of die hards raked through the fine detail of Archer/Bellotti's changes to the small print in Albion's company articles of association and exposed their true motives in asset stripping the Goldstone. This was the catalyst all sorts of campaigns which ultimately saved the day but not until were in the last chance saloon at closing time and fat lady was on her final encore. I don't detect the same sort of campaigns coming out of Pompey. Someone down there should read 'Build a Bonfire'.

The Pompey fans seem to have accepted a series of obscure owners in the blind hope that the next one would bring financial stability, when the opposite has happened and no one around the Club seems to learn. They do not seem to have waged any form of campaign that has captured the imagination of fans across the footie community or had any significant impact on influencing the destiny of their club.

If they had more evidence of self help I would take more notice, and would consider giving support. But no way would I give them a penny if no one can assure me where it will end up. Listening to various phone-ins and reading other forums it seems that a lot of punters now want to see a club or two go to the wall because it is the good people ie the fans and local businesses who get screwed and have had enough. Sorry Pompey fans but unless you get your act together and find a miracle backer you won't get much sympathy here.

I find it curious that Fred Dineage (can't stand the bloke) with all his proclaimed love of Pompey and media connections isn't behind some form of campaign to save the Club - but then maybe he is too closely associated with former owners to be trusted? One day the truth will emerge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here