Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poul Hubertz

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Being released by Northampton at the end of the season along with 3 other players. Im not suggesting we sign him, but why are they releasing him? I thought he'd scored quite a few goals for them, seems a strange decision.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
he looked rubbish against us at Sixfields..... ungainly and didn't seem to know what to do with the ball when he got it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We definitely need to sign a striker to either put pressure on both Forster and Murray but also to bring on as a sub. So if his wages were not too high Sam Parkin would be ideal , any experienced striker must be an improvement on bringing on Gatting.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Barnard only cost Southend 40k

Someone like him would be good!

Parkin is a good shout

How long where you going on about signing Barnard but would somebody like him or Parkin be happy to be a bit player. I would either go the whole hog and spend money on somebody like Gillespie as a first choice or an experienced 32+ year old proven scorer as back up.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
How long where you going on about signing Barnard but would somebody like him or Parkin be happy to be a bit player. I would either go the whole hog and spend money on somebody like Gillespie as a first choice or an experienced 32+ year old proven scorer as back up.

Parkin would be ahead of Murray I would hope. a better link up player.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I am not sure we need a player of Gillespie's type (not that I would not be delighted if we signed him). We need a different option to what we have now to come off the bench, a player like Bas Savage (not that I am suggesting we should resign him). We lack a physical presence from the bench if Murray and Forster are struggling/get injured.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not sure we need a player of Gillespie's type (not that I would not be delighted if we signed him). We need a different option to what we have now to come off the bench, a player like Bas Savage (not that I am suggesting we should resign him). We lack a physical presence from the bench if Murray and Forster are struggling/get injured.

I think that we are crying out for a speedy winger who can also score goals and Gillespie fits the bill exactly.

K G

I think that Parkin was a better player than Murray but is not now and probably wouldnt be happy with being a sub.

A better option if we are going to buy a first choice to battle with Murray for the spot would be be Stephen (?) Booker who has been on loan to Cheltenham and been recalled by Bristol City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here