Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potterball, your opinions so far?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Excuse the Crodo-esque phrasing but the game against Sheffield Utd on 21st Dec is going to be a Christmas CRACKER. Two well coached, fluid, attacking teams punching well above what the average pundit expected. Although, given it will also see the Lazerous like return of Billy Sharp to the Amex, it might have been better to have played it at Easter.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Excuse the Crodo-esque phrasing but the game against Sheffield Utd on 21st Dec is going to be a Christmas CRACKER. Two well coached, fluid, attacking teams punching well above what the average pundit expected. Although, given it will also see the Lazerous like return of Billy Sharp to the Amex, it might have been better to have played it at Easter.

I am guessing we will be without Dunk as he will be standing trial for the murder of Sharp at the same time? :down:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I find it utterly astounding that in one short close season summer he's transformed a team of renowned bus parkers into one of the most attacking teams in the league , the players have responded magnificently , if he wasn't any good at his job and the players didn't believe what he's trying to coach them , we'd be bottom by now and dead certs to go down , this season may indeed see us flirt with relegation a few times but i'm simply loving the football , i bet there's a few clubs would have loved to have him right now , extending this guys contract was a show of faith and trust in him from Bloom who obviously likes what he sees too .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
lack of speculative hoofs over the top was evidenced by the fact that no Brighton player was caught offside during the entire match

I'm highlighting this as a thing in general and absolutely isn't a cheap shot.

Is no offsides a rarity?
Just one of those things that pass you by, or is it actually an 'oh my no offsides - wow' ?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Very pleased.

A work in progress, but at least we can enjoy games now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
lack of speculative hoofs over the top was evidenced by the fact that no Brighton player was caught offside during the entire match

Is no offsides a rarity?
Just one of those things that pass you by, or is it actually an 'oh my no offsides - wow' ?

And does 4 players being caught offside for their disallowed 2nd count as 4 offsides?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Is no offsides a rarity?

Of course, Murray wasn't playing!! Joking aside, an improvement by Connolly as he was caught a few times at Anfield.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Don’t forget the chance to see the midfield maestro running their midfield who is eventually getting the chance to play in the PL after three promotions from the Championship. Ollie Norwood, I hope he gets a warm welcome.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Of course, Murray wasn't playing!! Joking aside, an improvement by Connolly as he was caught a few times at Anfield.

I thought Connolly was a lot better last night - Arsenal aren't Liverpool , but he seemed to learn from that Liverpool game - he was a lot harder to shove off the ball last night - and he had a couple of really good chances.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Lundstram, Baldock(G), and Fleck are on 4 yellows - so a chunk of their team is on suspension watch.

As is Dale Stephens.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015

Is no offsides a rarity?

It is a rarity - but there can be different reasons for it - i.e. never getting out of your own half during the game - hoofing the ball doesn't necessarily mean that you will be caught offside - indeed quick breaks often see players straying offside. Thinking about last night's game, I think it was more indicative of how disorganised Arsenal were at the back than anything else.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I’m enjoying it so far, even before last night.

The desire to play and improve is there for all to see, yes we’ve had a few frustrating performances against Chelsea and Man Utd away where we haven’t got going but that’s part of the curve..... we are only 15 games in.

Last night was a huge step forward for this football club, even though Arsenal are on a poor run it’s a huge boost for everyone around the club to go away and get a result like that.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I’m enjoying it so far, even before last night.

The desire to play and improve is there for all to see, yes we’ve had a few frustrating performances against Chelsea and Man Utd away where we haven’t got going but that’s part of the curve..... we are only 15 games in.

Last night was a huge step forward for this football club, even though Arsenal are on a poor run it’s a huge boost for everyone around the club to go away and get a result like that.

Yes, good post. could not agree more.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Respect to Neil Harman, with a knowledgable and thought through response.

Whilst Patrick Collins’s reactive blast, makes him look a prick.

87F1E76C-B6D6-44A9-BB45-9589CF47D09F.png

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Respect to Neil Harman, with a knowledgable and thought through response.

Whilst Patrick Collins’s reactive blast, makes him look a prick.

Just think how much money Tony Bloom would have if reducing sport to algorithms was actually possible. :moo:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

There are a number of journalists who didn't exactly cover themselves in glory over the reporting of Hughton's sacking. This was Henry Winter in the immediate aftermath - Cowardly Brighton throw a good man in Chris Hughton onto the street

And yet, just 7 short months later he is writing:-

Winter.jpg

There are a number of adjectives you could have used to describe Hughton's departure, but "cowardly" most definitely it was not. It was brave and risky in the extreme, whatever your view on its "correctness".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here