Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
If you feel that way, great. I don't see much difference: sometimes its very good, sometimes its dire. Its true RDZ haven't had any spells like the winless droughts GP had. But if RDZ is in charge for more than 3 seasons there is a fair chance that Brighton might go on a 6-7-8-9-10 game long winless streak... because that happens to virtually every non-top-club every now and then.

It is true that GP isn't unique. There's a lot of competent football managers with great ideologies around. GP is one, RDZ another. And when RDZ moves on, Tony will find a new guy, who will also likely be a competent manager wanting to play attractive football.
I thought Potter was great for us, a major step forward despite some appalling runs. I was gutted he left, thought that was it.

There is no way I'd swap RDZ for Potter. It would be such a disappointment. That is a reflection of the impact RDZ has had. Watching Albion under RDZ is simply better than under Potter.

Plus seeing Chelsea do soooo badly after flounce and disrespect is absolutely fantastic

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Why did he have to bring that up in the press conference? A useful deflection away from how the team are performing or looking for sympathy?
Sign his under pressure by mentioning it and an excuse, potentially he's not set up for a big club mentally.

It's clearly not acceptable, social media needs to do more - but it happens to all top managers/players - they manage to carry on.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sign his under pressure by mentioning it and an excuse, potentially he's not set up for a big club mentally.

It's clearly not acceptable, social media needs to do more - but it happens to all top managers/players - they manage to carry on.
All players/managers get abused but death threats are far less common I think.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Didn’t he say it was an email? I maybe wrong. I do agree he hasn’t done enough to earn that job a few good games when he realised Caciedo was a talent wasn’t enough to go to a club who’s fans expect to win trophies and titles.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Biggest thing RDZ has unquestionably improved, which hasn't been mentioned, is attitude. He thinks we belong and expects more. Huge change in mentality.
Exactly this. Under Potter it was a “long term project” where “results didn’t matter” and Solly playing at LWB was “developing him”.

RDZ undoubtedly thinks we can do far better, as did the fans from 2019-21 who knew we could and should do better. It’s called ambition, not entitlement

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Who's the man in white? A hit man?

Screenshot_20230226-193728~2.png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Reactions: cjd

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Biggest thing RDZ has unquestionably improved, which hasn't been mentioned, is attitude. He thinks we belong and expects more. Huge change in mentality.

Exactly this. Under Potter it was a “long term project” where “results didn’t matter” and Solly playing at LWB was “developing him”.

RDZ undoubtedly thinks we can do far better, as did the fans from 2019-21 who knew we could and should do better. It’s called ambition, not entitlement
In what way does he expect more?

GP after pretty much every single defeat - "we have to learn and improve".
RDZ after pretty much (not Charlton) every single defeat - "we played fantastic, I want to congratulate my players. I don't like the ref"

One of them usually after a defeat usually says that they themselves are at fault and need to improve and get better, the other says that the team was fantastic but f***ed over by the ref.

Imho the former way of seeing it is the more ambitious one. "Its our fault, we need to get learn and improve" vs "We're fantastic, can't get any better, and everything is that damn refs fault".

But again, this is a bit like me walking into The Manson Familys supporter forum and claiming that Jim Jones is an equally fine cult leader.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Anyway ignoring swansman absolute love in / sycophantic call it whatever (Remember he’s never seen us live so doesn’t see the whole game). This thread is about Potter at Chelsea, I cannot believe Potter is still Chelsea manager - he must have some great photos of Boely doing something compromising, has any other manager done so badly at a top 6 club and kept their job? The club could be in trouble - now effectively mortgaged to the hilt by FFP through 7/8 year contracts, too many players on too big a salary so may struggle to move them on - could make Winston Bogarde look like a bargain.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In what way does he expect more?

RDZ after pretty much (not Charlton) every single defeat - "we played fantastic, I want to congratulate my players. I don't like the ref"

One of them usually after a defeat usually says that they themselves are at fault and need to improve and get better, the other says that the team was fantastic but f***ed over by the ref.

Imho the former way of seeing it is the more ambitious one. "Its our fault, we need to get learn and improve" vs "We're fantastic, can't get any better, and everything is that damn refs fault".

But again, this is a bit like me walking into The Manson Familys supporter forum and claiming that Jim Jones is an equally fine cult leader.
Potter, after defeat, sucked his teeth and said “it is what it is, we’ll take the positives.”

I thought you were an EXPERT. :moo:

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Cheer up Graham Potter,
Oh what can it mean,
You stole staff from the Albion,
And thought you'd ruined our dream,
Cheer up Graham Potter,
Your now at Chelsea
You've turned them into a shitter team
Cheer up Graham Potter
We all folllow the Albion
And our now a better team

Going viral on you tube this week at soon to reach the top 10...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

The trouble is that Chelsea don't seem to be learning. Or improving.

Standard Potter patter. Not ambitious, just trite.

It means absolutely nothing when every game has the same end result of no goals and a defeat.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The trouble is that Chelsea don't seem to be learning. Or improving.

Standard Potter patter. Not ambitious, just trite.

It means absolutely nothing when every game has the same end result of no goals and a defeat.
I am enjoying his trials at Chelsea but I will stand by how much I loved how he improved us and made football exciting again for me before he turned into Judas and raped this club, followed up with distasteful putdowns about the Albion. He WAS up there with our best ever managers, obviously just imo.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I am enjoying his trials at Chelsea but I will stand by how much I loved how he improved us and made football exciting again for me before he turned into Judas and raped this club, followed up with distasteful putdowns about the Albion. He WAS up there with our best ever managers, obviously just imo.
I appreciate what he did too. But that's not where we are now. It's very much in the past.

If Potter's repetitious mantra of learning and improving continues with the same repetitious outcome of no goals and a defeat, then frankly he's more than welcome to stay there as long as he likes.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here