Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Jurgen Klopp is a great example of it not all being about the manager. Fans and media do get obsessed that football managers are all powerful footballing gods that are the conduits of success or failure, but sometimes football is just about runs of confidence, belief, desire and a set of players all clicking at the right time - see Claudio Ranieri. You don't sack Klopp much in the same way you wouldn't have sacked Sir Alex Ferguson for a couple of shit seasons.

Potter's problem is that he has taken over a shit storm of a club that had an all powerful oligarch that probably terrified everyone who had to make a decision, to one with a power vacuum and no one really knowing what the deal is, who is taking ownership over decisions and who is going to be left holding bag.
There’s a reason why every manager Bloom has appointed has been a success (with one exception). We’re a very well run club and therefore if you’re a competent manager you’ll do well.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Honestly! Half the posts on here are just a bunch of bully boys picking on some occasionally annoying plonker and making it sound like we all hate him which is very far from the truth. Also some childish complaints about Swansman too.

No need for an ignore function just scroll past the post any posts you fear may upset you. Just like I now have to do for all the boring "wah-wah Swansman said something that annoys me" posts.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Are you saying that this;

"Bang on - and I’m trying with him but it’s like it’s his way or no way and any friendly advice always just gets ignored. I do find it strange there’s a group - usually the ones calling him ‘Swanny’ tbh who have frequently called it ‘bullying’ for fans to show their annoyance at his posts - bizarre group. I’ve only seen one poster get personal with him and he gave back just as much (even calling our country a crumbling 3rd world country - I think to try and get a reaction). I just don’t get it at all.

This is absolutely bang on the money:

‘I’m bored of how fans of our club are having their every view challenged and scrutinised and fact checked by an ever present poster who doesn’t appreciate that a fans feelings about their club transcends numbers.’

Also, to now have to see pure negativity at RDZ when we’re all enjoying the ride and the football is nauseating. ‘Blaming the ref’ etc - every time RDZ has called the ref out has been totally deserved and seen by the fans -AT THE GAME!

We’re a fan base who nearly lost the club, understand the history yet we seem to have to put up with posts from someone with no BHA support on every thread or risk getting called ‘bullies’ or told ‘NSC is for everyone’ etc. it’s fundamentally a BHA fans forum - different opinions, articulated correctly, are well received / debated. I just don’t think Swansman has it in him to do so when it comes to Graham fecking Potter - a bloke who we all loved, who literally gutted our club - we have every right to slate him as BHA fans and will continue to do so - and enjoy the obvious and vast improvement under RDZ.

I just don’t know the answer to the Swansman thing - something has to give and will probably soon the way it’s going."

Is a joke..?

Another case of British humour that I don't understand, I suppose.

I'm asking you nicely: please stop turning every thread where you don't like my opinions into a debate on whether I should be here or not. You have been doing this for months, and then I get the blame for "derailing threads". Please f*** off.
That was a very nice way of asking. ‘f*** off’. I literally just quoted someone else and agreed once and now that means I’ve been doing something for months? One post. Spin it how you want - or even better put me on ignore. I won’t be told what to do by a non BHA fan on a forum I’ve used for 25 years thanks - by someone who’s not only not a BHA fan, but an anti BHA due to the manager now being better than the last one they liked. Someone who’s not actually got a clue about being a football fan or English football and just looks for fights on the Internet all day under various guises. Fine to ignore you and then no more accusations - you ignore me too now etc and job done too eh. One post FFS after all your bollocks on here and every thread 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That was a very nice way of asking. I literally just quoted someone else and agreed once and now that means I’ve been doing something for months? One post. Spin it how you want - or even better put me on ignore. I won’t be told what to do by a non BHA fan on a forum I’ve used for 25 years thanks - by someone who’s not only not a BHA fan, but an anti BHA due to the manager now being better than the last one they liked. Someone who’s not actually got a clue about being a football fan or English football and just looks for fights on the Internet all day under various guises. Fine to ignore you and then no more accusations - you ignore me too now etc and job done too eh. One post FFS after all your bollocks on here and every thread 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣
Good idea. Done.
In no way, shape or form is this just "one post" though, this is the fourth or fifth time in the last months where you try to turn a thread into a "should Swansman be here or not" thread.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good idea. Done.
In no way, shape or form is this just "one post" though, this is the fourth or fifth time in the last months where you try to turn a thread into a "should Swansman be here or not" thread.
Great - done here too. That’s because you post on every thread with an opinion that you have no idea about. Even a Hereford thread and you post. You do yourself no favours, but life’s too short - all the best - hope you learn some day people were just trying to help you stay on the board, when the inevitable ban comes tbh. All the best.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Good idea. Done.
More importantly which MK of Deep Purple do you prefer ?

I must admit, I had you down for a solid MK2 head banger, but I’m going for the reformed 80s version, resplendent in those ill fitting leather pants of yore.

Perfect Strangeness ? Lol.

You bet.

(Note - please do not suggest that I attempt to derail every thread and turn it into a mighty Purps thread, I won’t have that NAY that will not do!)

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
More importantly which MK of Deep Purple do you prefer ?

I must admit, I had you down for a solid MK2 head banger, but I’m going for the reformed 80s version, resplendent in those ill fitting leather pants of yore.

Perfect Strangeness ? Lol.

You bet.

(Note - please do not suggest that I attempt to derail every thread and turn it into a mighty Purps thread, I won’t have that NAY that will not do!)

As long as this isnt the plaice for fish puns...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Every forum needs a good Swanny. Keep it up

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Great - done here too. That’s because you post on every thread with an opinion that you have no idea about. Even a Hereford thread and you post. You do yourself no favours, but life’s too short - all the best - hope you learn some day people were just trying to help you stay on the board, when the inevitable ban comes tbh. All the best.
FFS, Seriously, why the drama over one poster? Some people seem to spend an inordinate amount on time on here and get precious if a “newbie” dares to upset their equilibrium. There are far more important things in life to get wound up about, so please just give it a rest, in the scheme of things he’s harmless. (I know I posted this earlier, but obviously not noticed because I don’t have required 70k + posts to be considered an uber fan)

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Back to the subject at hand then, let’s all laugh at Potter completely failing at a horrible club.

I think losing the Dortmund game would be the end of the road for him. They’ve spent £600m and look poorer (in every sense) for it.

As it stands right now, it’ll go down as one of the worst managerial appointments in Premier League history based on performance, expectation and value for money. An unmitigated disaster.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
FFS, Seriously, why the drama over one poster? Some people seem to spend an inordinate amount on time on here and get precious if a “newbie” dares to upset their equilibrium. There are far more important things in life to get wound up about, so please just give it a rest, in the scheme of things he’s harmless. (I know I posted this earlier, but obviously not noticed because I don’t have required 70k + posts to be considered an uber fan)
🤣 🤣🤣 Utter nonsense.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Back to the subject at hand then, let’s all laugh at Potter completely failing at a horrible club.

I think losing the Dortmund game would be the end of the road for him. They’ve spent £600m and look poorer (in every sense) for it.

As it stands right now, it’ll go down as one of the worst managerial appointments in Premier League history based on performance, expectation and value for money. An unmitigated disaster.
Quite - the oddballs are out now calling bullying for anyone daring to point out antagonistic posts.. The irony of using ‘bully’ eh! Oh well, best ignored.

Yes, definitely back to subject now - - remember he has to beat Dortmund - probably by 2 goals to go through. That said, I saw a bit of their away game and they were all over them and just couldn’t finish. The way he’s crumbled from such an astute and tactically brilliant manager to this is bizarre 1 just doesn’t seem the same manager?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am a little concerned that De Zerbi is saying he’s surprised Dunk hasn’t been signed by a big club over his career. Another using us as a stepping stone? Surprised a player has loyalty to his home town club is not a good image.

He’s going to do a Potter on us sooner than later imo

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I am a little concerned that De Zerbi is saying he’s surprised Dunk hasn’t been signed by a big club. Another using us as a stepping stone?

Just being honest, no? We have never won anything of note or played in Europe and spent the last three decades yo-yoing in the bottom divisions in shitty home stadiums before The Amex.

Takes time and success to build an image. We are doing beautifully in line with Uncle Tony’s masterplan.

It says a lot that there are only a handful of jobs in the entire world that Brighton could lose their latest in-demand manager to.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
I am a little concerned that De Zerbi is saying he’s surprised Dunk hasn’t been signed by a big club over his career. Another using us as a stepping stone? Surprised a player has loyalty to his home town club is not a good image.

I think it's generally agreed among Brighton fans that Dunk has been criminally overlooked and doesn't get the wider recognition he deserves. Not really concerned with RDZ agreeing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here