Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not as bitter towards Potter as most on here but I'm very much enjoying Chelsea fans going into meltdown. For that rerason alone I hope that Potter doesn't get sacked and continues doing pretty shit with them.
I don't think anyone is bitter.
I think we're all enjoying the ride while being happy with the upgrade.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Apparently without TTs early season points they'd be fourth from bottom. They must be way down on the form table. It's staggering he is still there.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Chelsea 0 Southampton 1

Ray Liotta Lol GIF

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Will be quite surprised if he's not sacked over the weekend.
Doesn't make sense that Boehly is happy to spend half a billion in Jan, but not spend on a 'proven' top Prem-Euro manager.

I believe Potters 'no dickheads-policy' at Brighton was essentially 'I don't have the skills or experience to deal with big players/ego's in the team'.
Now his Chelsea team are full of them and he doesn't know how to best coach them.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Will be quite surprised if he's not sacked over the weekend.
Doesn't make sense that Boehly is happy to spend half a billion in Jan, but not spend on a 'proven' top Prem-Euro manager.

I believe Potters 'no dickheads-policy' at Brighton was essentially 'I don't have the skills or experience to deal with big players/ego's in the team'.
Now his Chelsea team are full of them and he doesn't know how to best coach them.
He has made some strange decisions needs goals bins PA bins a top class midfielder who now plays for the league leaders.

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Quoted from Football365.com after the latest performance and loss.
There is something grimly funny about Graham Potter finally making the leap from Brighton, a lovely and vibrant football team that infamously couldn’t find a way to score any goals, and ended up at this Chelsea, who can’t find a way to score any goals and are neither lovely nor vibrant.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It is the gift that keeps on giving.
My opinion of Graham Potter has drastically changed in the last 6 months and I will tell you why.

Usually when a Manager replaces Chris when he gets sacked I start with the default position that I want to dislike because I know that they have been most likely negotiating contracts with the Club whilst Chris was still employed by the Club. I know this because I deal with a few Managers.

I hated Alan Pardew and Alex Neil with a vengeance because they were both arrogant f#ckers.

Graham Potter and Steve Cooper I just couldn't bring myself to dislike them. Firstly because they were very complimentary to Chris and second and most importantly. They came across as really nice blokes. Steve Cooper especially.

I mention thi about Potter because. In the past 6 months I have found him publicly distasteful. When he went to Brighton he came across as such a humble bloke and that's why I sort of warmed to him despite the fact that he took Chris job.

So this post isn't a sour grapes post for him walking out on Brighton because I had more cause to dislike him whe he walked into Brighton.

The man . His demeanor. His humble likeable qualities seem to me to have gone. I don't know the guy personally so I might be misjudging him but to me he now comes across as arrogant. He seems to me unwilling to accept responsibility when things are falling. That could be because he feels under pressure. But he courted that pressure by seeking to tout himself into such a high profile job.

So for me I care not one jot what happens to him. He started to tickle his own balls when the media started to elevate his stature. So for me my advice is. I hope he gets his previous humble self back because that is a much more endearing persona than his current one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here