Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Any team can look great passing around outside of the opposition box. We really weren’t that great until a certain Ecuadorean came into the side. Two homes wins in a calendar year eleven games without a win and our longest PL losing streak all came under Potter which gets conveniently forgotten about by some. Yes we had a few good wins against the top six but then again most sides manage one or two of those.
"Any team can look great passing around outside of the opposition box." - This is obviously not true, very few teams pass the ball around as well as we do regardless of if that is Potter style ball retention or De Zerbi style ball retention and both styles were achieved by players coached by Potter before De Zerbi turned up. Do you seriously believe De Zerbi took a bunch of Palace level cloggers and created the current team with a bit of fairy dust and a week in Dubai?

"We really weren’t that great until a certain Ecuadorean came into the side." - So we weren't amazing to begin with under Potter but we were getting better and better before he left? Does that indicate a good manager or a bad one?

"Two homes wins in a calendar year eleven games without a win and our longest PL losing streak all came under Potter which gets conveniently forgotten about by some." - A team in transition from perennial relegation candidates goes through a bad spell, this is not enjoyable but not surprising and then we came out of the other side as a better team. Are you saying Alex Ferguson was a bad manager because Man Ure finished 11th in his 3rd season there? Selecting just a sample of data to back up an argument is deliberately trying to distort facts, just as bad as Potter fans who only talk about the wins.

"Yes we had a few good wins against the top six but then again most sides manage one or two of those." - Yes most sides manage one or two, is that all that we ever managed then? I think we could all name more than that and they weren't flukey Palarse level 1-0s. We went in to every game against the big 6 with at least a hint of optimism that we might get something out of them. Compare that with the infamously dull anti-football that we were reduced to in Hughton's last game against Spurs - we were desperately holding on for a draw from the first minute.

Where Potter really struggled with us was against the low block teams and this could be said to be the biggest challenge for De Zerbi too (although the signs are that he will do better).

Yeah sure, bang on about the frustrating low block struggles we had under Potter, his dreary interviews or his frikin annoying habit of sucking in air through his teeth but to try and use any of this as evidence he was somehow a terrible manager is just laughable. He was, no matter what you think of him as a person, the manager in charge when we came 9th in the premier league and the team that De Zerbi might just get us into Europe with was assembled and coached under that same manager. He was a very good and successful manager for us.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Christ almighty, have you seen the shit people waste their lives banging on about on here, or posting about, and yet people still have issues with people having issues with Potter. It beggars belief that anyone would even question it. Do you have issues with the sad fuckers who still post on the Wordle thread in 2023 or the infinite juke box or any number of other crap on here? It's a football forum and a lot of us are interested in the fall and rise of our recent football manager who left in such inglorious circumstances. (said with all due respect)

Off the top of my head I've posted about

- My perpetual annoyance that Mcvites digestives have too many with a crack down the middle that winds me right up and how their packaging is clearly wank.
- How shit the remake of Fireman Sam is and why Norman Price should be in the care of social services.
- The "wild flower garden" at my work that looks worse than the grass verge between a dual carriage way.

Potter is definitely fair game. Even Leon Knight still is.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022

- My perpetual annoyance that Mcvites digestives have too many with a crack down the middle that winds me right up and how their packaging is clearly wank.
- How shit the remake of Fireman Sam is and why Norman Price should be in the care of social services.
- The "wild flower garden" at my work that looks worse than the grass verge between a dual carriage way.

Norman Price should be detained at His Majesty’s pleasure- insane children’s tv

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Because when he says that Brighton was an easy life it’s relevant to us. Bloke was coasting apparently
Compared with what he's got in his plate, he was. But that all goes back to what I said about interpretation.

But that's my last word in the subject. If I speak I am in big trouble :lol:

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
He is absolutely spot on to be fair. We can engineer reasons to keep laughing at him, sure, but this isn't one of them. For those who don't want to watch the video:

“I try to be careful not to get into these discussions through the media,” Potter said. “Of course I get angry. I am a human being, just like you. I just choose to conduct myself in a way that I think is right on the side [of the pitch]. The same media talk about wanting me to be more angry but then run stories about problems in grassroots football and don’t see the connection.

“That’s not to say that we don’t all lose our temper, because we do. It’s an emotional thing. At the same time, I think I have a responsibility to myself, Chelsea and the game to act in a responsible way for me. For me, not anyone else; for me."

But yes, let's all have a laugh because he's "rattled"
Totally agree. He’s bang on with this, still want Chelsea to get th
Not really. I'm saying I can't understand why people are still talking/gloating/complaining about the manager of a team that is below Brighton in the table and whose replacement has got the Albion playing better than Potter could've ever imagined.

I'm saying he's the past, so why are we still talking about him? I'm all for different opinions, but I'm also all for finding out why things happen. To be fair, people did explain it to me a while ago and that's fine. But as THPP says, I'm CONSTANTLY going on about it, so I guess I was indirectly asking again.

I’m annoyed I missed the McVities thread.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
2 wins in 13 is not that bad form for Potter though.

Definitely not time for the fans to start wetting the bed.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
We still haven't stopped talking about POYET, who hasn't even been a PL manager.

The idea that we'd just forget about Potter after he couldn't get out of here quick enough, only to return to help pillage the club, and then take such schadenfreude delight at giving him a dry hump on his return, as well as maintaining an advantage over him/them in the table on a tiny fraction of the budget...well.

Aren't we allowed to enjoy that a bit ?
Every time I read a post from @Triggaaar I think I'm hearing Poyet's voice because of his blinking avatar... there's no escape !!!!😂😂

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Norman Price = Utter scum.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he did his father in and taken over those 'responsibilities' with Old Ma Price.

His Netflix mini series can't be too far away.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Norman Price = Utter scum.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if he did his father in and taken over those 'responsibilities' with Old Ma Price.

His Netflix mini series can't be too far away.
Isn’t Norman Price the little ginger lad in Fireman Sam that is always getting in trouble? Bit of a dark take on a popular kids show.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mostly positive about anything ex-BHA on the Shed End :laugh:

2A9F71EE-11F6-477E-B850-BC65DB6772EA.png

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Always fun to look at Twitter while Chelsea are playing. The Potter hate is off the charts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here