Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He means Daniel Kindberg. I know he's mentioned it before.

... maybe. We will see. He has appealed it and the last time he appealed a similar case he was cleared.
Okay, he got jailed in 2019 and later acquitted, this is a new sentence for 3 years on new charges and may well appeal again - but he is behind bars presently right?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
So far we're loving RDZ's passion for the team, still being annoyed at a cup defeat, demanding better from our players. It's refreshing.

It's not a fair comparison to Potter's pity party.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Passionate and emotional would be words used if he was some Italian bloke in another club.
An automaton doesn’t do passion. Potter even had to be styled by someone behind the scenes, judging by his transformation from the ‘gormless benny’ home haircut look at Ostersunds, to the eventual BHA ‘Action Man’ look, to the haunted guy in tight black jacket Chelsea look.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
An automaton doesn’t do passion. Potter even had to be styled by someone behind the scenes, judging by his transformation from the ‘gormless benny’ home haircut look at Ostersunds, to the eventual BHA ‘Action Man’ look, to the haunted guy in tight black jacket Chelsea look.
You think other managers cut their own hair and sew their own costumes?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Passionate and emotional would be words used if he was some Italian bloke in another club.
It's not passionate and emotional though is it - or if it is he works very hard to surpress that. It's just being thin skinned.

Very apparent that when things are going well it's described as a team effort, when criticism is aired then the good times were all down to him, when the rot sets in then the excuses and blame flow. £300m spent on players is not enough, its down to change in ownership (way before he arrived), toughest job in the world, its injuries etc etc.

The persona has fallen away and we are seeing the man. Albion were perfect for him, he thought he was better than the club and is finding out the hard way. Hope others learn that it is not always just about the individual.

He's a great coach, his calmness here was beneficial in the whole, his snipes and snarks weren't but thankfully they were infrequent. If we'd put more pressure on him we'd have seen more of his insecurity I guess. I loved his time here as manager, genuinely gutted to see him leave. I never thought we'd benefit from him going but we have and I'm glad to see Chelsea suffer from the move. He'll bounce back as he's a great coach, just needs to show a bit more awareness and intelligence with his next choice.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Joao Felix. Sold for £113 million by Benfica to Athletico Madrid but not really come up to expectations. Now Chelsea want him on loan till summer. Will pay £11 million fee plus £6 million wages. Is any player, especially one who has not scored as many goals as expected, really worth £17 million for 20 games?
Think I need to edit my post.
£17 million for 15 games

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Also see today in the The Guardian (no paywall).

Highlight: “My wife would say when I was at Östersund: ‘It doesn’t do you any good reading [negative] comments.’ And my ex-chairman said: ‘There’s no point arguing with stupid people because they’re stupid.’ I’m not saying anybody criticising me is stupid at all but you get my point.'

Love the way he realises he's going to get flack for indirectly calling his Chelsea critics stupid and tries to dig himself out of the hole. Not clear if the ex-chairman he refers to is at Ostersund - or does he mean Tony Bloom?

I wonder how many Chelsea fans are going to take that personally?

He should really do a course in emotional intelligence 😂😂

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Same run of form as Arteta had back in 2020. Will be interesting to see if the Chelsea board is as cool-headed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I said to a Chelsea acquaintance that it took Potter 3 years to get it right at Brighton, you will have to be patient. He was not impressed!
Potter had a considerably bigger rebuild here.

Many seem to be enjoying pointing out that the final piece in the puzzle only slotted into place when he left.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I said to a Chelsea acquaintance that it took Potter 3 years to get it right at Brighton, you will have to be patient. He was not impressed!
Well the problem is that while Potter was getting it right here, we were still maintaining the same level he inherited.

He's not doing that at Chelsea, they are far worse.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Good riddance to him. His heart was never in Brighton and it would be wonderful to see him flop at Chelsea. He deserves nothing less.
I’m sure you will appreciate a few snapshots 🤷‍♂️

Potter ‘living the easy life’ at Brighton

83E366D8-8BDE-44AA-AA5A-E3760695A9EA.jpeg

Potter after 4 months at Chelsea

9E75AF2D-1816-40B7-A49C-5382EDBD7706.jpeg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here