Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
TBH, if he gets sacked at Chelsea, he will have to look at an ambitious Championship club as his way back, a long way off being legitimate rivals to us in our current position.

See you’ve got me talking about it when I shouldn’t 🙈 Bad man 😂
Sorry! :giggle:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Talkshite going to town on Potter atm, they are saying he should never have been considered for the role. " His only claim to fame is taking Brighton to 9th ".. they keep mentioning his oddball habit of playing players out of position and his inability to change a losing formation with his subs.. I think he's safe for now but, its not looking good.
The latter part of that analysis is wrong, because he did change formation with us, and won games from a losing position.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Interesting comment, at least to me, amongst the comments on the BBC website

'Common knowledge in Sussex that Potter and his wife were looking at property in West London before the season started. His wife couldn`t keep it to herself in the school playground. Then he gutted the backroom staff and now he is apparently after Trossard and Caicedo. Hence the reception he got when Chelsea came down. If he wants to chase the money that`s up to him but no sympathy for him.'

So it seems there could well have been plotting and planning for his move before the season started. Not surprising really and I guess the club would have known and got their own plans in place too.

Interesting comment, at least to me, among my Notepad documents

aliens.jpg

Think you must go check it out because all you read is true.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you have a leading role in a big coroporation and go in front of the TV cameras and say "no I don't agree with anything the owner says or does", you get sacked. Goes for all 20 PL clubs and awful lot of other places as well :shrug:
I'd like to think you'd agree that winners like Tuchel have earnt the right to stand their ground and state their footballing case against crap chairmen. Because they'll earn respect with future non-crap chairmen. Unlike Yes Man losers whose CV stands up to very little scrutiny

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I'm somewhere between "want him to fail" and "indifference".

I don't exactly want him to fail. But I am getting a good chuckle out of his struggles, so I'm not entirely indifferent either. It would be good to see Chelsea finish below us at the end of the season to really highlight that despite ditching us, we're doing better without him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'd like to think you'd agree that winners like Tuchel have earnt the right to stand their ground and state their footballing case against crap chairmen. Because they'll earn respect with future non-crap chairmen. Unlike Yes Man losers whose CV stands up to very little scrutiny
Eventually Boehly listened and gave him what he wanted, which was a bunch of aging troublemakers who haven't done anything useful all season.

As you've repeatedly said Tony Bloom is shit and Graham Potter is shit, but that really doesn't stop Tommy the German from also being at least partially shit.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Boehly wanted a 'collaborative approach' ie a Yes Man. A bit like that beardy crypto-twat at Crawley. How's that all working out you fellas? :lol:
I am a bit confused by your conversation style, where you reply with unrelated and irrelevant stuff?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
It is possible that Boehly made it known that he would likely come for Potter, if he couldn't find a way to work with Tuchel.
Possibly - but then it wouldn’t be enough to start housing shopping elsewhere or even be remotely convinced you’d end up in the job. Can’t imagine anyone is taking much stock on that from a new owner.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Eventually Boehly listened and gave him what he wanted, which was a bunch of aging troublemakers who haven't done anything useful all season.

As you've repeatedly said Tony Bloom is shit and Graham Potter is shit, but that really doesn't stop Tommy the German from also being at least partially shit.
Who would you rather go for a strawberry Kopparberg with:
a) Alexander Skarsgård
b) Graham Potter
c) Roberto De Zerbi

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Who would you rather go for a strawberry Kopparberg with:
a) Alexander Skarsgård
b) Graham Potter
c) Roberto De Zerbi
Graham Potter.
If you would have said Stellan Skarsgård, I might have thought about it.

I'm sure Roberto De Zerbi is interesting but he doesn't speak English (or Swedish, probably) fluently.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Possibly - but then it wouldn’t be enough to start housing shopping elsewhere or even be remotely convinced you’d end up in the job. Can’t imagine anyone is taking much stock on that from a new owner.
I think one of the plus points of going to Chelsea was no one had to relocate in a hurry, doesn't mean a woman with time on her hands and a husband with a good salary doesn't go shopping on the off chance. I believe they did/do reside very close to Paul Barber, I would be looking for any excuse to move.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The latter part of that analysis is wrong, because he did change formation with us, and won games from a losing position.
The current consensus that he is clueless and a little boy lost when it comes to dealing with the big time charlies. They have lost 7 of their last 8.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Graham Potter.
If you would have said Stellan Skarsgård, I might have thought about it.

I'm sure Roberto De Zerbi is interesting but he doesn't speak English (or Swedish, probably) fluently.
Out of interest have you ever met Graham face to face , what was the setting and did you have a discussion?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Out of interest have you ever met Graham face to face , what was the setting and did you have a discussion?
Nope, could have when I was getting my UEFA B license and there was a study visit in Östersund, but it was a very very long bus ride and I had a bag of weed at home so I called in sick that day... was before I was a GP cultist though.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
All this starlizard stuff makes me look worryingly back at our signings pre Ashworth and Winstanley and wondering what the machines were up to then?
Probably ironing out the kinks, needed a few duff set of results to finesse the programming. Definitely seems to be working OK is now.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think one of the plus points of going to Chelsea was no one had to relocate in a hurry, doesn't mean a woman with time on her hands and a husband with a good salary doesn't go shopping on the off chance. I believe they did/do reside very close to Paul Barber, I would be looking for any excuse to move.
Rachel Potter runs a successful pilates/yoga (or something similar) company. If you look at pics of her pre and after GP’s Chelsea ‘Glow Up’ you’ll notice that her eyes have seemingly been lifted.

(No I am not Swansman)

Gonzo BHA

Sep 3, 2004
BN1
I heard him GP on the radio recently talking about how Chelsea have got very good, very knowledgeable fans and I thought to myself "is he having a f'ing laugh?!" They must have to be the most spoilt, expectant, pig-headed fan base in all of English football and I include Millwall in that statement!

After some of the snippy little comments he's made about our fanbase, this stinks of major brown-nosing to buy himself more time. It's good to see he's putting that degree in emotional intelligence to good use.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here