Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It was great for me at the time too, and I'm hardly complaining about (see avatar). But I don't see how anyone can seriously argue that Gus achieved more here than Hughton, it's ridiculous.
Both had sad endings though. Gus seems to be a bit of an Albion fan again these days, I never seen any mentions from CH of his thoughts about the current situation here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Both had sad endings though
One did a great job for the club, was thanked by the club, paid his full salary and told he was always welcome here, but was replaced as the owner wanted a different style of football. The other let us down at a crucial time and was sacked for gross misconduct (I think), while acting on live tv and pretending to not know.

I'm not sure how you can compare their endings.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
One did a great job for the club, was thanked by the club, paid his full salary and told he was always welcome here, but was replaced as the owner wanted a different style of football. The other let us down at a crucial time and was sacked for gross misconduct (I think), while acting on live tv and pretending to not know.

So Poyet didn’t do a great job because of the ending? We’ll have to disagree on that.

Both left with some sourness, for differing reasons. I found it sad although I was glad to see CH go as he had reached his ceiling, Gus suggested the club had, which given the following two seasons was not that far off the mark :shrug:

The manner of Gus’ leaving pissed me off big time

TB then raised the ceiling again

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So Poyet didn’t do a great job because of the ending? We’ll have to disagree on that
It's difficult to disagree on that when I never said it.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just like Darth Vader in Star Wars I endings are the most important parts of some films. Poyet's ending was extremely crucial to the Albion.
I’ll believe you, I only watched the first Star Wars and thought it was just a goodies and baddies load of shite. Give me 2001 every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Given our selling of Ulloa and a distinct lack of investment for a couple of years I think Poyet had a point.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's difficult to disagree on that when I never said it.
I didn’t see a comment from you that suggested Gus did a good job, only that CH did and a justified running down of Poyet’s end.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I didn’t see a comment from you that suggested Gus did a good job, only that CH did.
Just because I didn't say Gus did a good job, doesn't mean I think he didn't.

He did a great job for us for most of the time, although his ending was worse than Hughton's (Hughton kept us in the PL, while Gus failed to get us there).

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just because I didn't say Gus did a good job, doesn't mean I think he didn't.

He did a great job for us for most of the time, although his ending was worse than Hughton's (Hughton kept us in the PL, while Gus failed to get us there).
You can thank Crystal Palace not CH for us staying up in his final season :wink:

You could possibly blame the same club for Poyet’s ending :lolol:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
You can thank Crystal Palace not CH for us staying up in his final season :wink:
Why, we owe them no more thanks than any other club that beat Cardiff that season . If you look at the final table it shows that we got more points than them over the course of the season . Our destiny was always in our own hands.
I will not.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Both had sad endings though.

Not both sad endings? Which one was the happy one then?

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
He is going to turn them around and come past us, isn't he?
Can you imagine it?
We need to find a safe pair of gloves.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Rumours that they want Mason Mount, Mateo Kovacic, Cesar Azpilicueta, Christian Pulisic, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Ruben Loftus-Cheek gone in the summer.
Would you take any of them?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Why, we owe them no more thanks than any other club that beat Cardiff that season . If you look at the final table it shows that we got more points than them over the course of the season . Our destiny was always in our own hands.
I reckon that striker Sala dying in the plane crash had a bigger impact on Cardiff going down rather than us.

No guarantees he'd have scored the goals to keep them up but would likely have given them a big boost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here