Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter linked to Man United

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
If Btn were top 8 , possibly although I still think unlikely as Utd will be under pressure to name a big name manager . In our current position- no chance .

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I’m confused by all this talk of Potter, Poch, Tuchel as contenders for the likes of Man Utd, PSG or even Spurs.

Surely there is only ONE name on the hit list of all three clubs. And indeed every club everywhere in the entire world.

I mean, The Greatest Manager In The History Of Football is available, for crissakes….

3ada9b0cf09b23b930d93becc986da66.jpg

Maybe that's why the greatest biggest club in the world released him early knowing that it was inevitable that M Utd would come calling at the end of the season

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Please let this be true blokes lost the plot. Although we miss a few sitters the build up play is so slow it’s easy to defend against by the time we get the ball in the box, would another striker make a difference not to sure.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe that's why the greatest biggest club in the world released him early knowing that it was inevitable that M Utd would come calling at the end of the season

Would be seriously funny. Bloke and all his little elves are already promoted WAY beyond their level of experience. Next level up would be hilarious :lolol:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Like Ten Hag , Potter is probably a bit too provincial for Utd.

Not sure if he could handle the egos.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
people have a very high inflated opinion of the 'project' we are working on. It's just another way of saying that we want to get better and its going to take time.

Would Potter turn down one of the biggest jobs in world football for that? Pull the other one of course he wouldn't!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think I’m just fatigued with how this season is shaping up, which shouldn’t really have surprised me too much being that we’re following the trend we’ve set in the PL of finishing firmly rooted in the bottom half of the table.
We go through this cycle where Potter does some lovely stuff, we play some excellent football and the sporting world takes note, then all of a sudden the arse completely drops out of it and we look utterly lost.
With such extreme spikes of form I can’t see one of the big establishment clubs taking the gamble.
Imagine being told your new manager had:
3 wins in the last 22 league games
3 home wins all season
10 goals at home all season ( we’ve only scored 7 more at the Amex than Burnley)
3rd lowest scorers in the league

I think that would be a hard sell for most folk.

I don’t blame Potter for those less than exciting stats but it doesn’t look great. I think he’s been let down by some poor transfer activity overall.

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think I’m just fatigued with how this season is shaping up, which shouldn’t really have surprised me too much being that we’re following the trend we’ve set in the PL of finishing firmly rooted in the bottom half of the table.
We go through this cycle where Potter does some lovely stuff, we play some excellent football and the sporting world takes note, then all of a sudden the arse completely drops out of it and we look utterly lost.
With such extreme spikes of form I can’t see one of the big establishment clubs taking the gamble.
3 home wins all season
10 goals at home all season ( we’ve only scored 7 more at the Amex than Burnley)

I’ve don’t blame Potter for those less than exciting stats but it doesn’t look great. I think he’s been let down by some poor transfer activity overall.

Well thought out analysis and one I agree with.

I’ve well and truly lost my mojo, and very meh about the rest of the season, resigned to a mild shrug of the shoulder.
Will any of the top six set of fans and boards, go beyond that after a run of four straight defeats and the stats provided above.

Actually I’m very meh, about him staying or going, I think it’s covid, the war and the government that have dampened my enthusiasm for everything to be honest.

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
3 home wins all season

I don’t blame Potter for those less than exciting stats but it doesn’t look great. I think he’s been let down by some poor transfer activity overall.

And your last paragraph is probably why he will leave if a decent offer comes his way.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
And your last paragraph is probably why he will leave if a decent offer comes his way.

Yeah, and I’m not I could really hold it against him. I was thinking about our transfer exploits earlier, am I correct in thinking that Cucurella and Mwepu were the only first team players signed in the summer? If so, having sold White, it shouldn’t really too much of a surprise that we’re looking like we’re going to finish pretty much on our usual points total and league position. To expect a team to seriously develop by adding 1 players seems naive and a tad hopeful in my opinion.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I'm not convinced a lack of transfer activity is really to blame as the current squad have put in some excellent performances and we've had some great results.

Of late, the players look totally unmotivated; they have lost their mojo and the results and performances have been totally crap.

Only the manager can explain why the players appear demotovated and lacking in any kind of consistency.

Yes, a decent striker would have helped for certain, but that doesn't explain why we have so quickly ended up in the duldrums and wondering where our next point, let alone three, is coming from.

Over to you GP.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I dont think GP is strong enough to control the Manure player egos.
I think he struggles with some of the Brighton player's egos as well.

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Please let this be true blokes lost the plot. Although we miss a few sitters the build up play is so slow it’s easy to defend against by the time we get the ball in the box, would another striker make a difference not to sure.

You answer the first part with your last part. If we miss sitters, then yes another striker could very well make the difference.

That said, Potter seems less convinced in his team selections as they've getting more and more varied each week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here