Votes: 98 21.9%
  • Fence

Votes: 59 13.2%

• Total voters

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
We didn't win any of them..

Lovely football though. :shrug:

I’m sure if any of us were running the club you’d be asking the questions and examining why results aren’t good enough. The decision on whether you sack the manager or not won’t be just results, you’d likely visit the training ground, talk to players and staff, look at the analysts and build up an overview on whether the job being done is up to scratch.

As fans though, we just have results right? And performances. Maybe we get a ‘feel’ for team spirit.

Being certain a manager should go when performances and spirits are actually good, is just a guess really, same as me guessing we should keep him on the same token.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yeah so depressing to lose ALL of those games and be spending all season in the bottom three

You ARE entitled aren’t you??

I expected us to be in the relegation mix before the season even began, so it’s absolutely no surprise that we are. At least we are not stinking the division out and play good football
We are now the laughing stock of the league not sure which one I’d rather be. Even the commentary fella against West Brom laughed when we missed the second penalty.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Very much in.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
I’m sure if any of us were running the club you’d be asking the questions and examining why results aren’t good enough. The decision on whether you sack the manager or not won’t be just results, you’d likely visit the training ground, talk to players and staff, look at the analysts and build up an overview on whether the job being done is up to scratch.

As fans though, we just have results right? And performances. Maybe we get a ‘feel’ for team spirit.

Being certain a manager should go when performances and spirits are actually good, is just a guess really, same as me guessing we should keep him on the same token.

The contract he was given speaks volumes about what the people at the top think.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We are now the laughing stock of the league not sure which one I’d rather be. Even the commentary fella against West Brom laughed when we missed the second penalty.

Thin skin?

I have had the piss taken out of me by mates who are big six fans for years. I don’t give a shit :shrug:

If commentators and you see us as a laughing stock so be it

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The "Potter is too good" argument really is the most senseless BOBBINS I've read on the internet for quite a long time. Do you think that if he went and we somehow got Klopp or or Pep on the shortlist Tony's reaction would be "no thanks, you're far too good". Is Bielsa too good for Leeds?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
If we got rid, which we won't, who would we bring in? I can't think of one potential candidate. I've seen Rafa and Lucien Favre mentioned on here, both of which obviously wouldn't happen. Do any of the out-ers have realistic suggestions?

It's Obvious isn't it. A manager with a bit of personality, likes working with technical players, Gus Poyet is the man. They wouldn't even need to change the initials on the training kit.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
The "Potter is too good" argument really is the most senseless BOBBINS I've read on the internet for quite a long time. Do you think that if he went and we somehow got Klopp or or Pep on the shortlist Tony's reaction would be "no thanks, you're far too good". Is Bielsa too good for Leeds?

Is it not intended more as an existential question of the ideas of Potter’s for Brighton are too good for a club that cannot deliver a multi-million pound competitive squad?

I didn’t take at as Potter personally, but more a notion of a lower club on a shoe string taking the game to all comers. Isn’t this what Pep articulated after we played them when he said you can play this way whether you have a £700m squad or a £100m one.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Good luck with the game management when you are playing the team second in the table who are pulling tired payers all over the place and the goalkeeper makes a bad error in the 88th minute.

I doubt we’d have kept them out if we’d gone full on defensive after their equaliser, we are no Burnley. It is what it is, some teams are much better than us when they hit their stride. Yesterday was in no way comparable to the Palace game, where in fairness both their total of two shots were quality goals. Shit has happened quite a bit this season and questioning the manager’s tactics every time is as wearing as losing the games for me :shrug:

I’m not really questioning his tactics. I’m wondering if he can do anything differently and I’m sure he is doing the same. Purity of the strategy is just not a concern of mine. I want us to scrap for points and and I want the manager to make the difference. That’s his job.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’m not seeing many suggestions for a replacement...perhaps a thread on that would be more interesting.

Still gutted after last night ..players must be feeling as though they’ve had a knee in the bllx considering the way the last three games have gone...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I’m not seeing many suggestions for a replacement...perhaps a thread on that would be more interesting.

Still gutted after last night ..players must be feeling as though they’ve had a knee in the bllx considering the way the last three games have gone...

Perhaps that’s because most want him to stay in the job. It’s all about him and the players upping their performance, not replacements being found.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
True but 72 don’t ....and given the repetition of this type of poll, I’d have thought names might have started to have been mentioned, other than GP

I’m not sure we would ever know who is available/interested. Not much point in speculating when so many parts of the jigsaw are confidential. All Brighton fans can really comment upon is performance and results at our club. Tony will have done the deal with Potter way before we heard about it. When he is eventually replaced I would imagine it will be the same.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’m not sure we would ever know who is available/interested. Not much point in speculating when so many parts of the jigsaw are confidential. All Brighton fans can really comment upon is performance and results at our club. Tony will have done the deal with Potter way before we heard about it. When he is eventually replaced I would imagine it will be the same.

If 10th in the Championship is the bench mark couldn't we just approach Michael O'Neil?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Lol..it’s not stopped people speculating before ....indeed quite a few threads are based on ifs and maybes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here