Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter arguably worse than Hyypia

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The bounce has received more attention than the frankly stupid original thread :thumbsup:

The pre season against Saints was enough for me to decide that were in serious trouble with Hyypia

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The bounce has received more attention than the frankly stupid original thread :thumbsup:

The pre season against Saints was enough for me to decide that were in serious trouble with Hyypia

It's just another tedious bounce taking the mood of the time out of context. I'll say it again, I was never Potter Out but all these bounces do is drive people away from this site. Varying opinions on the whole should be welcomed. Try and take them apart AT THE TIME if you see fit, not months later. It's cretinous.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Neither. I will continue to point out the neediness on both sides.

Sorry, but suggesting GP has ever been even close to being worse than Hyypia is and always was laughable. I make no apology for being amused ages down the line :shrug:

This has absolutely nothing to do with voting Potter In or Out

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This warrants naming

Pretty sure I know who it might be :smile:

If I’m right he posts on here and should out himself!

If I’m wrong, no harm done, I haven’t given the username :smile:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Most people have wanted him in at times and out at times. Same with every single one of our managers. The two extremes come on here gloating that they were right every time we win a few games (the diehard inners) or lose a few games (the diehard outers). When the latter happens this season someone will doubtless bounce one of the olive branch threads. I’m beginning to think this need to appear to be right about the manager is a bit problematic for some people.

Nope. Not I, and I'm well aware I'm not most, but for your most claim to pertain, you'll have to point to a poll with a significant number of voters, with a clear majority voting Potter Out.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I don't see why it's embarrassing to hold an opinion several months ago based on performance that would probably be different to what it is now based on performance. You can only base your opinion of a manager based on their over all performance up till now can't you?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It's just another tedious bounce taking the mood of the time out of context. I'll say it again, I was never Potter Out but all these bounces do is drive people away from this site. Varying opinions on the whole should be welcomed. Try and take them apart AT THE TIME if you see fit, not months later. It's cretinous.

I do sometimes think that some people thrive on conflict. There was a tennis coach at my wife's club who could not see a happy or settled state of affairs with creating disruption. Icy - you're not a tennis coach are you ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
:lolol:

I agree. Talentless sycophant out.

The talented TSB and THPP to headhunt the replacement.

My word I was grumpy. And quite wrong as it turned out.

Just shows what a year of only winning once at home will do to you (especially if you've been locked in with your nearest and dearest for the best part of a year :lolol: )

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Nope. Not I, and I'm well aware I'm not most, but for your most claim to pertain, you'll have to point to a poll with a significant number of voters, with a clear majority voting Potter Out.

Ok, ‘most’ was probably careless. I think I just meant to draw a distinction between those who spent a good part of last year loudly proclaiming their loyalty/disloyalty to the manager and those of us only occasionally motivated on that subject either way. Seems it’s still happening. The manager is not at all divisive himself but his fans and detractors certainly are.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Poyet absolutely baffled me when he ditched Andrew Whing (a perfectly decent right back at the time) and bought in the tackle shy Gavin Hoyte on loan. It was only with the arrival of Inigo Calderon, that you could start to see what he wanted to achieve. Hyypia was the opposite. I think he nearly forced Bruno into early retirement, with his clueless approach. The only thing that emerged was that not only was there no master plan, there wasn't really a plan at all.

Poyet didn't become manager until November 2009. Hoyte came to Brighton in October 2009 when Andrew Whing was injured. Calde arrived in January 2010 as a Poyet acquisition.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/brighton/8297876.stm

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I do sometimes think that some people thrive on conflict. There was a tennis coach at my wife's club who could not see a happy or settled state of affairs with creating disruption. Icy - you're not a tennis coach are you ?

Nope, but I think you meant “without” not “with” didn’t you? Otherwise I could take what looks like a little dig as a compliment :smile:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My word I was grumpy. And quite wrong as it turned out.

Just shows what a year of only winning once at home will do to you (especially if you've been locked in with your nearest and dearest for the best part of a year :lolol: )

You're just a typical football fanatic who wears their heart on the sleeve, enthralled by a win, gutted by defeats (especially runs of defeats).

But never vindictive/irrational in a loathing of GP ... that's left to a minute cabal of strange posters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here